Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INFERNO FAQ- What's going on this Saturday?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'm assuming you're asking if the lads from the north are coming down.

Yes some are coming. I'm not sure who exactly but Cobelcog and Blag have both pretty much confirmed that they are coming down.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Me, blag, roogle, liquidswords and liquidshields/solidswords are all going down afaik

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Cobelcog wrote: »
    Me, blag, roogle, liquidswords and his brother are all going down afaik

Just like A trak's brother is B trak and Ken B's is Ken C, Malachai's real name is Liquid shield.

The Doom has spoken.

(Maybe solidswords?)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Cobelcog wrote: »
    Me, blag, roogle, liquidswords and liquidshields/solidswords are all going down afaik

Even if you have to kidnap him, get Simon down!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Soon enough there shall be enough to get a Brother vs Brother Tourney.
    So much tension, revenge, rivalry and past wrongs righted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

My brother also plays a little :pac:

So that's 4 of us now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sorry for the short notice but there is a couple of things I want to run by you guys before. I neglected to post them up before because they are fairly low chance events but "Just in Case" is my motto.

1) Should we get 64 attendants, I think pools would be better than groups. I believe that running groups with numbers that large would be infeasible. The pools would be 16 man double elims with the top 4 of each pool going through to the top 16. It would be first come first served with the last couple of people having to play in a play-off group(s) to get into pools.

2) In the case of a double knockout causing a draw game, the game will be scrapped and replayed.

Any questions or objections let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Orim wrote: »
    Sorry for the short notice but there is a couple of things I want to run by you guys before. I neglected to post them up before because they are fairly low chance events but "Just in Case" is my motto.

1) Should we get 64 attendants, I think pools would be better than groups. I believe that running groups with numbers that large would be infeasible. The pools would be 16 man double elims with the top 4 of each pool going through to the top 16. It would be first come first served with the last couple of people having to play in a play-off group(s) to get into pools.

2) In the case of a double knockout causing a draw game, the game will be scrapped and replayed.

Any questions or objections let me know.

Good ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

What's the general direction to the XGC from Heuston? I couldn't be arsed driving up. I used to live in Dublin but can't recall this Gaming Centre at all.

Cheers for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Just follow the luas track into town/get the luas then it's on lower liffey street just after the jervis stop.

• Advertisement

Grand job, cheers.

Speedhaak wrote: »
    What's the general direction to the XGC from Heuston? I couldn't be arsed driving up. I used to live in Dublin but can't recall this Gaming Centre at all.

Cheers for any help.

Get the LUAS from Heuston to Jervis.

Keep walking in the direction the LUAS was heading and take your first right hand turn.

Keep walking down this road and the XGC will be on the right hand side.

The Jervis Centre is across from Gamestop right? So is it on Talbot Street, the gaming centre?

Speedhaak wrote: »
    The Jervis Centre is across from Gamestop right? So is it on Talbot Street, the gaming centre?

No it's not on Talbot St.

Just follow the simple directions I gave or give me a ring/text when you get off the LUAS at Jervis and I'll come get you.

PM me for my number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

This might help

Click here

It's pretty much half-way between the mapnote (A) for liffey street, and the river.

Also edited original post a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

So what exactly is this Evo thing?

deathrider wrote: »
    So what exactly is this Evo thing?

http://evo2k.com/

The biggest fighting game tournament in the world.

Last year SF IV had over 1000 entrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Ah, excellent. I've seen a bunch of chat about Evo on these boards over the last few days (Evo this, and Evo that), but I had no idea what it was. Thanks for clearing it up, dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

What time will everyone be arriving at lads??. Might try get up to dub early enough 2moro.

I plan to be in the XGC by about midday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hoping mid day myself. Need to get warmed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Make that midday for the limerick bhoys too

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Cool midday it is. See ya'll there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

what time is tournament on at ?>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Placebo wrote: »
    what time is tournament on at ?>
    SSFIV Inferno Tournament sign-ups end at 1:30pm, tournament starts shortly after. €15 entry. Bring your own controller.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

**** too late

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

There was a group that was one short. You would have known that had you turned up.......:eek:

Advertisement