If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parents looking to upgrade TV. Advice?

Options
  • 03-06-2010 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

My parents were looking to upgrade their TV over the weekend while in a retail outlet. They probably can only fit say a 37 or 40 inch screen and I think from looking at the retailer website was steered towards the Philips 37PFL5405H (i'll need to confirm this).

It might well be a great TV but I'm concerned they get a TV fit for THEIR purpose so have come here for advice. They are pensioners so wont have loads to spend on a top of the range model etc, they have mutli-channel digital TV but to be honest the HD feed would really never interest them even though they are both keen sports watchers. Other than that its mostly generally TV viewing with the grandchildren watching DVDs etc. They'd never watch DVD's otherwise!!! But I'd guess as DVD viewing moves on in the coming years I'd like to think this TV will "cope" with the grandchildren demands :-)

So I'd be greatful if somebody could suggest suitable options that I could suggest to them

Thanks

W.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi there Whowantstwoknow

I'd say this TV may well suit them perfectly.
    Its the foundation of our wide range of TV's and is actually very well spec'd.
    It's a 100Hz Lcd TV with our respected Pixel Plus HD image processing engine

It does away with things like Net connection and LED back lighting that you'd find on the mid to upper end TV's but the core TV spec is all present and correct.

This TV will handle regular Digital TV no worries, DVD as well plus should they ever wish to add SKY HD or BluRay the TV will happily accept them.

I have yet to see this TV in the flesh (I expect to have these TV's in late tomorrow afternoon) but I have seen the 32 and 42" versions and they are both very good TV's so would expect this TV to follow suit.

We will be selling the 37" for €699.99

I'll send you a pm

If you have any questions please give me a buzz on 01 474 0788

Cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Just as an alternative to the Philips....

The LG 37LH4010 covers a lot of the bases too.

It's a 37" LCD that is 100Hz and it's 1080p. It also features 2 scart connections, 3 HDMI inputs, MPEG2 and MPEG4 tuners for digital TV reception and with a response time of 3ms, it's not shabby on the motion handling.

It also features an invisible speaker with clear voice, so speech is very clear, although an addition of sound system makes a huge difference.

It's priced at 619 Euro including delivery.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.