Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business with Event Management

Options
  • 03-06-2010 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hey,
    I've been looking around at alot of different courses lately and i came across the Business with Event Management course in LIT today. I was just wondering if graduates and/or present students of this course could give me some details on what its really like, such as: class sizes, hours per week, work placement, job opportunities and the general quality of the course and its education. Any information at all would be great!
    Thanks!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭leedsfan88

summer2010 wrote: »
    Hey,
    I've been looking around at alot of different courses lately and i came across the Business with Event Management course in LIT today. I was just wondering if graduates and/or present students of this course could give me some details on what its really like, such as: class sizes, hours per week, work placement, job opportunities and the general quality of the course and its education. Any information at all would be great!
    Thanks!:rolleyes:

I just finished my final year, and my only advice is stay away from it. They have changed the course since i started. There is a lot of Sh!t in the course and must of the lecturers haven't a clue. One of my major problems with the new course is that you only do 6 weeks accounting and 6 weeks economics in first year.

These are two cornerstones of a business degree and they have been given 12 weeks between them. Also there is 80 hours of volunteering in first year, which means your free labour and a lot of people i've spoken too said it was so bad they were just given all the leg work and got no thanks for.

Also in terms of the lecturers there are two who are incompetent and there is a letter of complaint in process because of his lack of knowledge and his blatant plagiarism of lecture notes. This lecturer expects you when you doing his first assignment to do everything like he'll give you a broad topic and expects you focus on the main parts without even given you a suggested text.:mad:

The whole course is awful and a few of the lecturers are just lazy and incompetent, I'm not saying this out of bitterness but i'm just warning you not to do it.

Also in the course i did we didn't get any experience of organising an event not sure if that's the same for the new course.

Do this course at you peril :)

Advertisement