Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can my xbox 360 be modded?

Options
  • 03-06-2010 2:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

I just bought an xbox 360 in game. Its manufacture date of October 17th 2009. I heard if xbox 360s were manufactured after a certain date they can not be modded/flashed.

Can mine?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

every Xbox can be modded. have a look at the sticky for your friendly neighbourhood flasher.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

whatsamsn wrote: »
    I just bought an xbox 360 in game. Its manufacture date of October 17th 2009. I heard if xbox 360s were manufactured after a certain date they can not be modded/flashed.

Can mine?
    Cheers.

The confusion lies in what xbox 360 consoles can be modified to allow homebrew or "unsigned" content to be run on them, not on what consoles can be flashed to play games burned onto DVD+R DLs. As docentore said, all consoles can be flashed. Only consoles manufactured before June 2009 that have not had their operating system (Dashboard) updated since before June (Dashboard version 2.0.7371 or lower) can be modified for unsigned content (JTAGged).

Please note that while it used to be very easy to flash your console yourself, those days are gone and given that your xbox is from October 2009 it will have a new LiteOn drive. Flashing these drives requires cutting traces on the circuit board of the drive itself and other hokem pokem and shouldn't be attempted by a majority of people. If something goes really wrong, you'll be left with a 3.8kg paperweight shaped like an xbox 360 console ;)

See the sticky thread on modding services - you'll be looking for somebody who can do the latest LiteOns (93450)

Advertisement