Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anybody ordered from Komplett lately?

Options
  • 03-06-2010 3:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Since the revamp?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

nope, since reading the bad experiences here I've decided to take my business elsewhere.

Yip, a samsung hdd and a flash drive. both arrived 2 days after order.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

No. The new website is a lot harder to navigate. It is being improved since it was changed, but nowhere near to how good it once was :(

Have not needed any upgrades for a while, but I know a few people are still gettings stuff from them, purely becuase of the pickup point.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

I ordered the Corsair H50 it arrived four days later no problems :D

also.
    I ordered my i7930 and p6x58d mobo from Dabs .ie good service and price .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

They were spot on ,2 days delivery and free delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

TonyM. wrote: »
    I ordered the Corsair H50 it arrived four days later no problems :D

also.
    I ordered my i7930 and p6x58d mobo from Dabs .ie good service and price .

Off topic, but how are you finding the H50? I've read that the pump has an annoying buzzing sound to it.

OP, I was going to buy several parts from Komplett recently, but the horror stories and the fact that I couldn't change my address from The Netherlands just made me give up and go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

I only finished the build last night there is a vibration which seems to be coming from the fan which i have bolted on to the case I will try putting in some rubber washers.The temp. is running at 38c with no overclock if it stays in the 40/45c range i will be happy also i prefer a bolt on cooler i could never trust those Intel push pins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Ordering from them is fine atm

But god help you if you need to RMA the item
    Expect a 6 month wait at the least

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I have an RMA in, i'll let ye know how long it takes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Charlington

Picked up new TV today. Ordered it last Thursday. Very Pleased.

For anyone who is "iffy" about ordering from them, if you check that your stuff is in stock you'll be ok. Komplett appear to be having problems with RMA's though, as they have to go back to Holland, then to the manufacturer which is going not so smoothly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Im done with Komplett no matter what.

One item (HDMI Switch) broke twice, (the first one and the replacement) eventually got my money back.
    Also a motherboard I bought was broken out of the box, took them 8 weeks/3 phones calls/and countless emails to get a replacment for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

Ordered a couple of hard-drives on Monday, arrived today - which was nice.

Though the packaging left a lot to be desired, especially considering it was a box full of hds, hopefully they all still work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Just ordered a 120mm Noctua fan off them today, the only reason I did it was the free shipping. God knows it would suck to pay about €8-€12 to get a fan sent to me :D

Hopfully it gets here fine, I'll let you know if it arrives. No matter what, thank god it's only €22.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Just ordered a 120mm Noctua fan off them today, the only reason I did it was the free shipping. God knows it would suck to pay about €8-€12 to get a fan sent to me :D

Hopfully it gets here fine, I'll let you know if it arrives. No matter what, thank god it's only €22.
    €22 for a fan! :eek:

€22 for a fan! :eek:

It's by Noctua, so you're paying for quality. Their fans are very quiet, especially when considering how much air they push.

You can see for yourself by looking at a fan chart comparison here.

Noctua pulled off a great piece of marketing magic with their range of fans. They move far less air and are much louder than the the noctua specs. I fell for it too! http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cooling/2009/09/28/what-s-the-best-case-fan/3

@1300rpm they have a horrible tonality, grates on the ear and temps are much lower with both gentle typhoons and xilence red wing fans in a push config on a my noctua heatsink and both @ lower rpm's.

I think that alot of reviewers just believed the fans were great when they were supplied and paired with noctua heatsinks which do perform exceptionally well.

I think the komplett free shipping is hard to ignore on lower value products. As long as none of them have to be RMA'd :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    It's by Noctua, so you're paying for quality. Their fans are very quiet, especially when considering how much air they push.

You can see for yourself by looking at a fan chart comparison here.
    The Slipstreams are excellent though and only cost half that!

Noctua pulled off a great piece of marketing magic with their range of fans. They move far less air and are much louder than the the noctua specs. I fell for it too! http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cooling/2009/09/28/what-s-the-best-case-fan/3

@1300rpm they have a horrible tonality, grates on the ear and temps are much lower with both gentle typhoons and xilence red wing fans in a push config on a my noctua heatsink and both @ lower rpm's.

I think that alot of reviewers just believed the fans were great when they were supplied and paired with noctua heatsinks which do perform exceptionally well.

I think the komplett free shipping is hard to ignore on lower value products. As long as none of them have to be RMA'd :D

I read that article too and also a lot of fan reviews were Noctua fans generally beat the rest of the competition, so it's odd to find they're not as great as they would first appear. Also, I'm not just basing my opinion on specs and/or reviews alone, as I've seen countless people online saying how much they prefer Noctua fans over other brands, based on performance, and how happy they've been.
    The Slipstreams are excellent though and only cost half that!

I know other brands are great too, like Noiseblocker, and I personally found Arctic Cooling fans to be great, even when considering how cheap they are.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I personally found Arctic Cooling fans to be great, even when considering how cheap they are.

Which ones? Their normal ones or their signature open-cage 35mm FDB units? :confused:

Solitaire wrote: »
    Which ones? Their normal ones or their signature open-cage 35mm FDB units? :confused:

The normal ones; specifically the Arctic Cooling Arctic F12. I have one as a case exhaust fan, hooked up to a fan controller, and it's barely audible at 2/3 max RPM.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Oh, they've upgraded their 25mm units from the old OEM-style ones, very nice! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭zappb

ordered from Komplett and delivered within 3 days - it looks like they are back in business - good stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Arekku

Tried to order from Komplett, wouldn't take any of my cards :(

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭zappb

father's day or credit cards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Arekku

zappb wrote: »
    father's day or credit cards?

Debit cards and credit cards. More specifically: 1 Visa debit card 1 Visa debit e-card (It's like a virtual card) 1 Lasercard 1 Mastercard credit card and I'm all out of cards to try, unless they take father's day cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

I used a Laser yesterday, the first time I tried the transaction failed. it worked the second time. But now they seem to have lost peoples order records, eg: that order I made yesterday isn't showing up for me, or them. And this is happening to a few others aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭maxextz

always make sure that the little gold padlock is on the bottom of any page that you will be giving your details on.
    also its a good idea to run anti malware programs just in case of keyloggers on your pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

What's RMA? And is it safe to order off them or should i just go to Dabs? (Ordering a HDD)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

jaykhunter wrote: »
    What's RMA? And is it safe to order off them or should i just go to Dabs? (Ordering a HDD)
    returns material authorization.

A Return Material Authorization (RMA) is a transaction whereby the recipient of a product arranges to return goods to the supplier to have the product repaired or replaced or in order to receive a refund or credit for another product from the same retailer or corporation within the product's warranty period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Thanks mate. I'm looking to buy a new large hard drive (the best value one) and i found this one which is in stock; it's like 15 euro more expensive on Dabs; think it'll be alright to order off Komplett?

Advertisement