Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bronze sculpture of Rory Gallagher to be unveiled in Ballyshannon today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Well there is a small is sqaure named after him in front of the Tesco off Paul Street in Cork City, "Rory Gallagher Place". But there is hardly anyone who knows this. Anyway, this is the place where all the emos hang out, so I think it is about time for a more fitting tribute to the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

If anyone is in Cork next weekend, the 11th and 12th of June, the Cork rocks for Rory weekend is on. I went last year and had a great time, some really good bands there. The man who organises it also did a weekend in the ferry in Glasgow last September so I'm hoping for a repeat of that this year too as I didn't get to Ballyshannon.

www.corkrocksforrory.com/viewpage.php?memid=44

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

If anyone is in Cork next weekend, the 11th and 12th of June, the Cork rocks for Rory weekend is on. I went last year and had a great time, some really good bands there. The man who organises it also did a weekend in the ferry in Glasgow last September so I'm hoping for a repeat of that this year too as I didn't get to Ballyshannon.

www.corkrocksforrory.com/viewpage.php?memid=44

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU-

Stupid Leaving Cert! Why does everything have to be on in June?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

A street in Ris-Orangis, a commune in the southern suburbs of Paris, was renamed Rue Rory Gallagher.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

There's a Rory Gallagher Corner beside meeting house square in Dublin, with a bronze replica of his guitar on the wall beside the road sign.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Brilliant to see him getting some recognition.

Liverpool has John Lennon International Airport. Belfast has George Best International Airport.

Cork should defo get Rory Gallagher International Airport... As the OP said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

That corner named after him in Temple Bar isn't enough. There should be a whole street.

Advertisement