Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where best to get Tools to maintain Bike

• 03-06-2010 8:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭

Looking to get a set of tools for servicing and doing odd jobs on the bandit at home.

Any suggestions as to where is the best place to pick up a set of tools. They will never be under any huge strain so an “ok” set would do the trick.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

best thing to do is grab one of the cheap sets in lidl or aldi, then as you go on, buy better quality ones to replace the cheap ones...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Halfords own brand ain't bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Sputnik

Yeah halfords professional range is actually good for the money. Lifetime guarantee to (just keep the receipts)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Lidl tools are pretty good quality, Halfords pro range is too and if you tell em you dont have your trade card with ya (and the chap isnt an 18 yo sap) then they sometimes give ya the discount anyway, which is something like a third off. ive bought loads of stuff in there and never remember my card. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

For the amount of tools needed ie 10, 12, 13, 17 combinations, a few sockets, Philips, and a few Allen keys, it would be worth splashing out on something decent like Teng.

Nothing worse than skinning your knuckles on some cheap supermarket rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭minister poxbottle

laurpat wrote: »
    Looking to get a set of tools for servicing and doing odd jobs on the bandit at home.

Any suggestions as to where is the best place to pick up a set of tools. They will never be under any huge strain so an “ok” set would do the trick.

if yer in dublin mc quinnlans capel st .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

For the amount of tools needed ie 10, 12, 13, 17 combinations, a few sockets, Philips, and a few Allen keys, it would be worth splashing out on something decent like Teng.

Nothing worse than skinning your knuckles on some cheap supermarket rubbish.

teng are the nuts

i have 8 10 12 13 17 in 1/2 and 3/4 drive teng
    and a set of halfords pro ratchet spanners
    an electrict impact driver and a load of crap thsat isnt the afforementioned

Tigger wrote: »
    teng are the nuts

i have 8 10 12 13 17 in 1/2 and 3/4 drive teng
    and a set of halfords pro ratchet spanners
    an electrict impact driver and a load of crap thsat isnt the afforementioned

My only prob with Teng is that they walk,

Last job I was on had to replace a few sockets. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

yogidc26 wrote: »

1/4 drive is fine for small work, removing plastics, etc but you would be pushing it to swing out of anything bigger than a 13.

I have a Dargan (similar) 1/4 kit for the last 10 years and swear by it. Great for working on con / chain saws lawnmores etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement