Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spray on Lawn Weedkiller

Options
  • 03-06-2010 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭

Morning all

Can someone recommend me a good spray on week killer for my lawn that wont kill me grass :D

and also where stocks it...im having great difficulty finding one in limerick!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Verdone comes in a spray or Evergreen Feed and Weed Liquid (needs to be diluted, better for bigger area) Woodies and Altantic stock both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

My dad uses Croplink d50 - used to control broad leaf weeds in grass. Available in any Agri shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Aha! thought it was just me, I'm in despair at the state of my lawn, it has turned into one big weed patch, with broadleaf weeds and straggly creepery type yokes its absolutely destroyed. I was thinking of covering the whole lot in black plastic to kill off everything (would this even work??) and laying a new lawn. Garden not that big so wouldn't be hugely expensive to do this but are the weedkillers mentioned above good enough and how do they know which is grass and which is a weed? Also, are they safe to use around animals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Selective weed killer's as mentioned above would be a good choice. They will kill everything except grass so be careful of overspray onto adjacent flowers/shrubs.

Ensure to get the dosage just right or it will scorch/check the grass itself.

These agri products do recommend an exclusion period for animals 2-3 weeks would be typical, sometimes beacuse of the product itself and sometimes because some weeds are poisonus to stock once killed..

Advertisement