Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Briar or brier

Options
  • 03-06-2010 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭

I have alot of these growing up through my hedge. is there any way to get rid of these other than down on the hands and knees and cut them out?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

HI..
    These are hardy fellas indeed, I'm in the process of eliminating them from my own hedge with varying success...
    Cutting them isn't a permanent solution although it does produce nice fresh, tender growth which is excellant for a strong solution of roundup.

I use a 1l hand sprayer as it reduces the ammount of collateral damage to the rest of the hedge..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

what are you using in the 1lr hand sprayer....last year i cut them out but sure there as bad as ever again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

50:50 solution of roundup/water...
    This is much stronger than manufacturers recomendations so beware.. I use chemical gloves and a face mask..

Advertisement