Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Collection

Options
  • 03-06-2010 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Just watched the bins being collected and noticed, not for the first time, that the "sanitary executive" or whatever they call themselves these days leans on every bin as its being lifted by the truck.
    Is there a genuine reason for doing this to make sure the lifter picks it up properly or is he adding weight so we get charged more. He did it for every bin I could see.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Not sure what area you are in, but SDCC only charge by the lift.

I doesnt matter if its 5kg or 25kg, its the same cost to you.

Unless the binman gets something for moving heavier bins, or is claiming some sort of allowance for the weight the truck is moving, its hard to see what he's at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Unless the binman gets something for moving heavier bins, or is claiming some sort of allowance for the weight the truck is moving, its hard to see what he's at.

DLRCCC charge by the lift and then by weight.
    Regular Pay by Weight Statements will issue. There are three elements to the charge:
    (i) standing charge of 80 per annum per household is a contribution to the cost of providing waste collection, waste disposal and recycling facilities
    (ii) charge per bin lift of 4 per lift for each 140/240 litre bin or 18 for each 1,100 litre bin. By having a lift charge it is expected that people will only leave out their bins when full
    (iii) charge per kilogram of household waste collected at 25 cent per kilogram. The weight charge is to encourage waste minimisation and recycling. A customer can save by minimising waste and diverting waste to recycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gazfish

We get a flat charge per lift and then an additional charge based on weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

gazfish wrote: »
    We get a flat charge per lift and then an additional charge based on weight.

I am in Tallaght, so South Dublin is my area. They charge 8 quid for a large lift and nothing by weight.

Advertisement