Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SpaceX Falcon 9 first launch

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

ynotdu wrote: »
    especially as they have already received $1.5 BILLION of the famous "MY tax dollars" with a promise of that again if they make progress.

Still a chance for them to launch today,but i doubt it.

Something to be said for 10 minute launch windows.

If no further updates it has been said they have the same window and launch times tomorrow.
    10 min windows are great.:) It used to drive me mad over the years before the ISS when the Shuttle launch windows could be hours long and all you had was a shortwave radio to follow the action. Drove Mrs Beeker up the wall if we were planning to go somewhere:D:D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Confab wrote: »
    No more launch, but they're going for lunch now.
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Which to fall over now LL? The drunken sailor or the Falcon:p

Both. Or for it to spiral off into the Atlantic!:pac:

Looks like they are going to try again around 19:30 {Irish}:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

lord lucan wrote: »
    Both. Or for it to spiral off into the Atlantic!:pac:

Always the Mercenary! Once Atlantis is safe,You just love an explosion,don't ya!:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Always the Mercenary! Once Atlantis is safe,You just love an explosion,don't ya!:pac::pac::pac:

Nah,just hate all the secrecy that surrounds these things. Having being through years of unprecedented access to NASA manned missions it's a bit crap when you have no idea what's going on with this because they're worried about giving too much away to their competitors!

Nah,just hate all the secrecy that surrounds these things. Having being through years of unprecedented access to NASA manned missions it's a bit crap when you have no idea what's going on with this because they're worried about giving too much away to their competitors!
    Welcome to the future:(

Beeker wrote: »
    Welcome to the future:(

Sad but true.:(

between that and the secrecy about the Military Launch's it just aint gonna be any fun anymore,is it:(

Something i think We all foresaw as soon as Augustine opened his mouth:(

Sounds like SpaceX's competitors are sending boats in from all angles to give them heart attacks!:pac:

• Advertisement

Here we go again. Counting down again:pac::pac:

SpaceX currently plan to give it one more shot at 19.45 today.

A poll has just given a GO for this

She was a bit stuttery getting off the pad!:pac::pac::pac:

She was a bit stuttery getting off the pad!:pac::pac::pac:
    I thought it was all over there for a minute. Liftoff look like it happened at T-2:D

I'd lose the plot if STS launches had this coverage!:mad:

Beautiful first stage seperation and second stage ignition:)

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21869.0;attach=236941;image
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21869.0;attach=236943;image

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21869.0;attach=236985;image
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21869.0;attach=236992;image

What a view:)
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21869.0;attach=237001;image
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21869.0;attach=237006;image

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I thought it was all over there for a minute. Liftoff look like it happened at T-2:D

I thought it lifted at t-2 secs as well ....and I waited for the big bang :)

• Advertisement

In orbit! What a way to go. Great stuff SpaceX:)

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21869.0;attach=237012;image
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21869.0;attach=237018;image

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Sure looked like it. Great to have a successful launch. Future looks a bit brighter for manned flights down the road:)

now THAT was really impressive stuff:)

The abort system on the first attempt working so well.

The very quick turnaround to try another Launch

Then the launch(and its flight to orbit with such good live footage)

I think it reached orbit slightly before the estimated time of 9 mins 38 secs?

Anyways,Well done the SpaceX Team for beating the odds of achieving such success on an Inaugural flight!!!!!!!

just keep us better informed in future:)

Sponge Bob wrote: »

There is a built in 3 second physical restraint on the falcon after it reachs T-0,for computers to run one more test.

I swear this is the truth!

There is a built in 3 second physical restraint on the falcon after it reachs T-0,for computers to run one more test.

I swear this is the truth!
    I looked like it did not work. She lifted off before zero as far as I could tell:eek:

I looked like it did not work. She lifted off before zero as far as I could tell:eek:

I did'nt say the Countdown clock was Impressive!:pac::pac::pac::D:D:D

Falcon 9 lift-off as seen by an amateur

and an official one

A longer one (about 8 mins) Covering the first attempt and the successfull one.Don't blame Me that is from FOXy News!:)

A longer one (about 8 mins) Covering the first attempt and the successfull one.Don't blame Me that is from FOXy News!:)

FOX scum news:mad:

• Advertisement

I think it was a synch problem on SpaceX's end,clock and real time video slightly out of synch with each other.

Advertisement