Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tosca live from Italy June 10 win free tickets

Options
  • 03-06-2010 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭

OK not strictly Sligo - but there is a note on the Mayo forum as well and lets face it Castlebar is not far to drive. There will be a one off live HD broadcast into Maymovieworld Castlebar next Thursday June 10th at 7.30 pm of Tosca One of Puccinis great operas live from one of Italy's premier opera houses La Fenice Genova with a stellar cast - for more details check out www.operaincinema.com This is one of a series of live HD broadcasts direct to Irish cinemas (in fact they go out globally), its a great way to see opera if you like the medium or just to go along and find out what its all about - Sung in Italian with english surtitles - its worth a shot at 15 euro a ticket.

You can be in with a chance to win free tickets if you text Tosca followed by your name to the mayomovieworld promotion line 085 2455153

Give it a shot - who knows you might actually like it....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

Tosca is on tomorrow night at Mayomovieworld - I hear its selling quite well so they should have a few mor there than they did for Rheingold recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

did anyone else go to that tosca tonight from Teatro carlo Felice Genoa Wow that was some Tosca! I've never seen both Vissi D'arte and E Lucean Stell both completely repeated as encores on stage during a performance - Daniela Dessi was a sensational Tosca, Claudio Sgura's menacing Scarpia was phenonemal and I just loved Fabio Armiliato's energy in his Caravadossi - Very traditional production but what the hell.

So glad we have this channel for distribution of international opera - well done mayomovieworld - the audience has gone up and hopefully it will grow - this was a Tosca that will leave a lasting impression.

Advertisement