Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunbed shop, what is the law if any?

• 03-06-2010 10:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Hiya, my 14 year old daughter came home yesterday after being at a sunbed shop in town, she was absolutely scalded red and in agony.
    She told me she had lied to the shop and said she was 16 but she is only 14! And anyone looking at her would know that any sunbed would be too strong as she is like casper!

Anyway went to the shop, they took no responsibilty, very aggressive manager. Blamed it all back on me, 'why didnt you know where she was' 'she is not dressed like a 14 year old' etc.

She went in, in her school uniform minus the jumper! Is there anyone i can contact about this, i have since found out that this shop is catering for numerous 13, 14 year olds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

AFAIK Sunbeds are not regulated in ireland (yet) although there is talks in government about banning under 18's.
    to be honest I dont think you have any comeback on this and i would say the shop are aware of this

Advertisement