Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone planning on doing the Maracycle

Options
  • 03-06-2010 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

The maracycle is back this year, 1st one since 1998 I think

I have done the BorderTrek in '04, and '05, but I am glad to see the Maracycle back.
    Is there anyone planning on doing it?

It's the last weekend in June.

Hopefully if it is a success, then they will make it regular again, and return it to the 3day event it used to be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭bbosco

Not going to be able to do it but your post made me think of the events of a couple of weeks ago where someone hijacked the Maracycle distribution list to send out some spam and then followed one of those barrages of reply-all "take me off this list" mail threads.
    Really, why do people reply-all on these things? And then more people reply-all with "me too"? Especially when the original mail had a clearly marked 'Unsubscribe' link. I mean at this stage of internet usage surely everyone knows how to unsubscribe from a mailing list and the difference between reply and reply-all??? It's lemming behaviour and never ceases to amaze me. The funniest part was that the people replying were exposing their details to the spammer and everyone else simply by replying...

Anyway, sorry, back on topic. I've done Cooperation North events before and they're very well organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

bbosco wrote: »
    Not going to be able to do it but your post made me think of the events of a couple of weeks ago where someone hijacked the Maracycle distribution list to send out some spam and then followed one of those barrages of reply-all "take me off this list" mail threads.

Yeah - I got that chain last week - it was quite funny, seeing loads of people responding to that.

But it was a bit of a disaster for them - they said the mail server was set up to allow external access to their internal mailing lists.

Shows how well our information is stored out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

The maracycle is back this year, 1st one since 1998 I think

I have done the BorderTrek in '04, and '05, but I am glad to see the Maracycle back.
    Is there anyone planning on doing it?

It's the last weekend in June.

Hopefully if it is a success, then they will make it regular again, and return it to the 3day event it used to be.

Will be doing it again this year - 11th year in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

planning on doing it next year - when it starts in dublin.

wanted to do it this year but it starts in belfast so thats that.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

Will be doing it again this year - 11th year in a row.
    A veteran! - this will be my 4th one for Co-operation Ireland.
    What were the last ones like - 'In to the East' it was called?
    planning on doing it next year - when it starts in dublin.

wanted to do it this year but it starts in belfast so thats that.

My hope is that it will return to a 3day event, with a start in Belfast and Dublin.

Like this:
    Day 1, Belfast based cyclists cycle Belfast to Dublin
    Day 2, All cyclists cycle Dublin to Belfast
    Day 3, Dublin bases cyclists cycle Belfast to Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

A veteran! - this will be my 4th one for Co-operation Ireland.
    What were the last ones like - 'In to the East' it was called?

I would have to say it is one of the best run event cycle on the leisure calender, from the back up to the marshalls to the rest stops. It is not a scenic as the Ring of Kerry or as hilly as the Wicklow 200 but there will be a good range of groups so you can jump in with one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

is there a link as how to enter
    here it is http://www.championchipireland.com/services/maracycle2010/

Advertisement