Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greg Lemond in limerick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

If you want to chat to him while on the bike you could do this he cycles the Saturday leg of it. I've done this the last two years and will be away this year so gutted about it.
    Very friendly guy and before you set off on the Saturday morning you can get a professional photo with him and he stays in the Doonbeg hotel where the cycle finishes so you can have a few pints with him, and he has time for everyone, a very down to earth guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I heard he was cycling the Swords cycle on sunday as well ... no wait, that's Tonto ... got them confused, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Anyone else going to the UL gig?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

One of the all time greats. They say you should never meet your heros but I am very tempted.

1989 World Championships in Chambrey. What a classic finish and one of the best of all time (remember this was the year that LeMond and Fignon clashed in that epic TDF) Almost cried when my other hero was beaten that dayas was watching it live.

Keep in mind the descent in the rain hit 90 km/hr and yet Kelly crossed the gap, Balls of steel. The hill by the way is 220m and and they did it 20 times! (ignore the inserts in the clip and stick with it to the end) Enjoy

This was Kelly's comment at the end of the race
    J'ai aujourd'hui définitivement perdu l'espoir d'être un jour champion du monde. Au sprint, il m'aurait fallu un plus grand développement, un douze dents au lieu d'un treize, reconnaît celui qui fut le numéro 1 mondial pendant plus de cinq ans.

Mais il semble bien qu'à ses yeux tous les challenges de régularité ne valent pas un véritable titre arc-en-ciel...

Le meilleur a gagné
    source

So guys make sure you have the right sprockets on even if its a hilly one and yes the smallest sprocket those days was a 12 with a 52/42 chainring..

Forgot to mention the great Martin Earley was 7th that day, 10 seconds back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Went along Thursday night, test was good, although didn't feel it at the time!
    Gregs talk was interesting, got to meet him after and have to say great guy and for someone of that status really down to earth and good craic.
    We really need to make more use of guys like him (in all sports!)
    Having the chance to meet and learn from someone I grew up watching winning tours is incredible

• Advertisement
Advertisement