Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthur's Day is Back September 23rd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

JJ wrote: »
    Did anybody try to get presale tickets? Most of them seem to be gone by now. Anyone looking for tickets for certain events will have to wait for the general sale tomorrow.

yes see above, got them this morning but when the missus tried to get another two (she had an option for 4) they were all gone. She got some for Crane Lane (Cork) then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Mr.S wrote: »
    I got 2 tickets for the Brendan Flowers (singer from The Killers) gig at 9, no more tickets left 5 mins later.

For 10euro a ticket its a steal!:)

brendan flowers..lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 whiteprince

Any presale codes going ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

anyone know which o donaghues it is theyre using that they have listed online? suffolk st or baggot st? prefer baggot st-would happily sit there for the evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

df1985 wrote: »
    anyone know which o donaghues it is theyre using that they have listed online? suffolk st or baggot st? prefer baggot st-would happily sit there for the evening!

if it's the same as last year it's merrion row (aka, the road that leads onto baggot st)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Mushy wrote: »
    Whatever aout last year, it being a bit of a psecial occasion, but again? Be surprised to see this do as well.
    It was just a load of cheap gigs around town, I would be surprised if they did not all sell out again. Though I would expect less people going out just for the sake of it, not sure why so many did.
    RayCon wrote: »
    Good God ... there's absolutely nobody I would bother watching on that list ....
    IIRC the startup list last year was pretty poor too, many bands were just rumours/"special guests" which were poorly kept in the end.
    Hang on, it was September 24 last year.
    24th is a friday this year, they probably get enough sales of guinness on most fridays so changed it. Last year I think people were saying it was the "wrong" date too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Absolutely love The Killers and Brandon, and only found out in the last 10 minutes he was playing, tickets already sold out, totally gutted :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭CiaraBelle

Was desperate to see Brandon Flowers, logged on early and was refreshing the page since 10 to 9, the minute tickets went on sale I searched for 2 and they were gone - gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Got 4 tickets to the village at about 09.15 this morning. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

My mate got me a ticket for the Temple Bar Pub's secret gig. Hope we get a good act. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

The olympia is empty. I will probably end up there since it is a fairly weak line up but Duke Special or the Shoos haven't been allocated a venue yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Really want 2-4 tickets for the Vicar street gig, guinness site doesn't say it's sold out like some of the other gigs, but when searching ticketmaster it says the tickets are unavailable :(
    Am I too late? Or would some be available at a later stage..?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Ah, I now see it wasn't saying it was sold out as there is still wheelchair access tickets available.
    I'm guessing that's a big no-no for me and 3 of my friends to buy those tickets? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jlon

Is anyone selling two tickets for The Savoy in cork?? Im willing to pay a good price for them!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

revz wrote: »
    Ah, I now see it wasn't saying it was sold out as there is still wheelchair access tickets available.
    I'm guessing that's a big no-no for me and 3 of my friends to buy those tickets? :pac:

Yes it is a big no-no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

I got two tickets to see Brandon Flowers @ the Academy. Couldnt believe how quick it sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,536 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I have been offered 2 tickets to see snow patrol in the storehouse.What sort of set do people reckon they will play/30min or so ?was anyone out there for last years gig, is it worth going to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CFC1905_NK

Could anyone tell me where Eliza Doolittle is playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ColumnLunch

I have just tried to purchase some tickets for this on tickemaster.ie and there seems to be none available for any pubs in Dublin.

Surely they haven't all sold out already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I have just tried to purchase some tickets for this on tickemaster.ie and there seems to be none available for any pubs in Dublin.

I think they have. Remarkable given the calibre of bands playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Just The George and Fitzsimons left, and the Upper Circle of the Olympia..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think they have. Remarkable given the calibre of bands playing.
    I am not surprised at all, the tickets cost feck all, I expect some touts would have snapped them up. Last year there were all sorts of rumours going around, and bands turned up at other venues etc so people would gladly pay €5 for a ticket on the off chance.

Costs more to go to the cinema and you risk the film being a pile of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ColumnLunch

Yeah 5 euro is great value for money but I don't think they sold out this quickly last year.

I got 4 tickets for Fitzsimons so hopefully it will be a good night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

the maccbees will be playing in vicar street tickets are 10 yoyo's???? is that right

will it just be them playing or will it be load more??

CFC1905_NK wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me where Eliza Doolittle is playing?

she playing with the maccabees and the hoosiers in vicar street :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

A V A wrote: »
    the maccbees will be playing in vicar street tickets are 10 yoyo's???? is that right

will it just be them playing or will it be load more??

Why are you asking questions that you answer yourself 2 minutes later?

because two minutes later i clinked a link on the website and found out the info :P

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

i know i'm late in the day here and apologies if this has been mentioned already but what venues still have tickets available (if any)?

it's just that the thought of drink when the tickets went on sale first turned my stomach. (i'm better now :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

Sadly I missed the annoucement of tickets going on sale as I was on hols and have missed out on Paolo tickets, the ridiculous thing is I googled to see if I could get any - found them on sale for on ebay for €500 - in all fairness........................

If anyone has spare tickets they might PM me!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Guinness should have organised it better. They were a bit silly with the tickets, becuase they announced it on sites like boards, or their own website but they only recently started showing the adds on TV saying the gigs were on, sure all the gigs are sold out already.

Fine if you are on boards or if you knew in advance about the our thursday thing but if not sure how were you to suppose to find out..And they are still advertising for bands sure tis done and dusted..

Not a fan

Advertisement