Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthur's Day is Back September 23rd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

Guinness Ireland ARTHUR’S DAY TICKET UPDATE : A limited number of additional Arthur’s Day tickets for all studio venues and a select number of pubs will be released for sale at 9am tomorrow, Tuesday, 24th August on ticketmaster.ie This morning an additional 15 new artists have been added to the line up including rock legends Manic Street Preachers, Irish fans favourite David Gray, Dublin singer-songwriter Cathy Davey and Oscar-winning actor turned musician Tim Robbins & The Rogues Gallery Band. The new additions to the line up also include British hip hop rapper Ty, The Courteeners, Mercury Prize nominee Biffy Clyro and Bitches with Wolves

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

cheers for that mate :)

what ticket do i get for the vicar street ?? arthurs day ticket or a attentdant ticket???

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

If anyone finds they have a spare for the Manics/Snow Patrol gig, I will gladly buy it off you. I tried to buy one this morning but with no luck. They mustn't have released very many tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

Same here, i would even just go in for Biffy Clyro and gladly give the ticket back!

• Advertisement

i got my ticket for the maccabees in vicar street :):) chuffed to bits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I don't have a ticket for any of the events unfortunately, could anyone tell me a good pub in town to go to for the day. Any places with guinness on special or with a good crowd?

fibbers would be good , tbh any pub on arthurs day would be good , i popped into 3 last year and the mood was electric

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

A V A wrote: »
    fibbers would be good , tbh any pub on arthurs day would be good , i popped into 3 last year and the mood was electric

Oh god :eek: Fibbers? Wouldn't be mad on there, I'd probably prefer Temple bar somewhere, ah sure, we'll see where the night takes us...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Oh god :eek: Fibbers? Wouldn't be mad on there, I'd probably prefer Temple bar somewhere, ah sure, we'll see where the night takes us...

Just so you know - Temple Bar will be absolutely mobbed if last year is anything to go by. If you want to get into a pub you'll need to get there early.

• Advertisement

fcuk it ye , why not move around pubs,m see what the crack is in all of them and then stay in the one you feel is the best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭gussieg

maybe i'm a bit thick, and i wouldnt be surprised , but i was told by the guy in the record shop that the shows were an unknown quantity until you actually got into the venue and hence i ended up buying tickets for some pub gig with NO Idea of whos playing.. and now i can't even find said tickets, plus afterwards, i realised i'm due to be going away for arthurs day..

what ??? it says whos playing on the site and when you are buying the tickets on tickets master

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭gussieg

I have now noted that, some bloke called Oliver Cole, and the butterfly explosion, but when i bought the tickets in the shop just basically enquiring about it with no great intention of buying , the guy in the shop told me that was the story that it was a surprise gig. surprise ! oh and a surprise studio artist whoever that might be... not even sure who oliver cole is when he's at home..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

gussieg wrote: »
    I have now noted that, some bloke called Oliver Cole, and the butterfly explosion, but when i bought the tickets in the shop just basically enquiring about it with no great intention of buying , the guy in the shop told me that was the story that it was a surprise gig. surprise ! oh and a surprise studio artist whoever that might be... not even sure who oliver cole is when he's at home..

You ever hear of a band called Turn?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

You ever hear of a band called Turn?

Bigger than jaysus they were :p

guys iv ordered my ticket for vicar street last week and it still hasnt came yet ?? how do you check out if it has been sent out yet on the ticketmaster website ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

A V A wrote:
    guys iv ordered my ticket for vicar street last week and it still hasnt came yet ?? how do you check out if it has been sent out yet on the ticketmaster website ??

It's Ticketmaster, so it's not going to be sent till a week before the gig. I've often had to ring them to organise box office collection on the day of a gig, when tickets haven't arrived.

It's Ticketmaster, so it's not going to be sent till a week before the gig. I've often had to ring them to organise box office collection on the day of a gig, when tickets haven't arrived.

i hope that ist the case for , and where do you pick themup ??in vicar street t or at ticketmaster booth?? iv never doen this before and thats why i dont know

Mr.S wrote: »
    chances you'll get the tickets soon, I haven't got mine for the Arthurs Day gig @ The Academy yet.

If they don't come 24hrs before the gig, give ticketmaster a call and they arrange for you to collect at the venue's box office. Just hand over the card used to make the booking and you get the tickets, simples:)

cheers for that , the card was the oul ones :P ands she wont let me bring it out on the p*ss hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,536 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Im going to snow patrol in james's gate,does anyone know what time it will start at because im working that day and cant get off early.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Imelda May is playing Cork-Galway and then the Olympia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Does anyone know what time the gigs start at, in particular The Academy one?

Thanks.

most start at 15:55 thast what it says on the website etc !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

lets have
    bisto day
    and cillit bang day

what a load of bulsheet:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

moonpurple wrote: »
    bisto day
    and cillit bang day
    I hope they do, I would like cillit bang to heavily subsidise bands to play here and offer really cheap tickets, whats not to like about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

yabadabado wrote: »
    Im going to snow patrol in james's gate,does anyone know what time it will start at because im working that day and cant get off early.

If you cant go ill give the tickets a good home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭BOHS

Anyone know what time the gigs finished at last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Are there any tickets left for the gigs?

Have tried Ticketmaster for the Brewery, Vicar Street, Academy, Olympia and none left at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

Are there any tickets left for the gigs?

Have tried Ticketmaster for the Brewery, Vicar Street, Academy, Olympia and none left at all.

I think all the studio gigs in Dublin are sold out but you can probably still pick up tickets to the pub (€5) ones.

Advertisement