Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early 20th Century Waterford.

• 03-06-2010 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Some information about Waterford in the early part of the 20th century

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/exhibition/waterford/index.html

The 1901 census is also available. Just found out my great, great grandfather was fostered out from a workhouse and was originally from Kilkenny. I say a lot of Deise's are of Kilkenny descent. Lols!

Happy browsing!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

The Last colum on the census form contains this:

'if deaf and dumd; dumb only; blind; Imbecile or Idiot; or Lunatic
    write the respective affirmatives opposite the name of the afflicted person.'

My gosh, they weren't one bit PC back then.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    The Last colum on the census form contains this:

'if deaf and dumd; dumb only; blind; Imbecile or Idiot; or Lunatic
    write the respective affirmatives opposite the name of the afflicted person.'

My gosh, they weren't one bit PC back then.

:)

seems as though the lunatics have been running the country(Politicians and bankers) since they started to leave it off the census forms:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Was able to use the 1911 census to find my great great grandmother (in 5 mins) and today was able to go back to 1901. Appears Ballytruckle was just the Old Tramore Road back then.

Advertisement