Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for Game Art Design BA 2011 in UK

• 03-06-2010 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey there,

I allready have an animation degree obtained from IADT in 2007. I wish to move forward and apply for the Game Art Design in the UK this year, with hope of entry in 2011. http://www.dmu.ac.uk/course/game-art-design-2014

I have a few questions. I'm busy ringing around and trying to sort them all, but was just wondering if anyone here could help too?

Seeing as I've allready completed an undergrad course here in ireland, would I be entitled to any kind of funding at all?

Has anyone from Ireland allready attended this course and would anyone have any advice about it or any opinions about the course itself or the college?

Thanks very much in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

nope as you already have a undergrad you won't get funding, seems that you can in scotland however but i'm not sure if thats true, either way their fees are alot less.
    I'm surprised there isn't some postgrad that would cater to your interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

You're most likely eligible for a loan from the UK to cover the tuition fees see here. Beyond that there's not really any centralised system for EU students akin to our grants system. The university will probably have info on any bursaries etc. available to you.

Leicester is a great place - I almost went to Loughborough myself donkeys years ago. Check out www.thestudentroom.co.uk - there's bound to be someone on there who has done the course :)

Advertisement