Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Firewall gone after Norton un-install

• 03-06-2010 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Right hope you can help
    • I removed Norton 360 from ADD/REMOVE programmes
    • Re-booted
    • Had no internet connection after re-boot
    • Discovered I needed to get a removal tool from Norton and re-run programme
    • Fixed the issue
    • But it now appaers the orginal un-install removed my Windows Firewall or de-activated it

LAPTOP - ASUS
    O/S Windows 7 / Vista

Is there a fix or has anyone encountered this - I should have just kept my Norton subscription
    BTW - have AVG running now

Cheers
    Jacky08

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭jleavy046

Hi there,
    • Click Start
    • Type in the Search Box services.msc and press enter
    • A new Window will open up
    • Look for Windows Firewall

Is it started? Can you double click it and set Startup type to: "Automatic" and start the service?

Once started , test internet. If internet is not working stop and disable the service again and reply back here.

Advertisement