Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths study tips

Options
  • 03-06-2010 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

Ya does anyone have tips for studying maths...I am completly shocking at it and afraid I'm going to fail :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Seloth wrote: »
    Ya does anyone have tips for studying maths...I am completly shocking at it and afraid I'm going to fail :(

Practice! Seriously you can't underestimate the results you get from practicing. I used to be pretty woeful at HL maths but spent about an hour a day doing exam questions and correcting them with the marking schemes (which contain solutions).
    First off I read the associated chapter in the book or revision book (Rapid Revision) and then do all of them exam questions on it from every year. It can actually be pretty fun, I like listening to music while doing it... it's like doing the crossword or something :P And then I go back and look at the marking scheme afterwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

zam wrote: »
    Practice! Seriously you can't underestimate the results you get from practicing. I used to be pretty woeful at HL maths but spent about an hour a day doing exam questions and correcting them with the marking schemes (which contain solutions).
    First off I read the associated chapter in the book or revision book (Rapid Revision) and then do all of them exam questions on it from every year. It can actually be pretty fun, I like listening to music while doing it... it's like doing the crossword or something :P And then I go back and look at the marking scheme afterwards!

Lol did it with the rapid revision but still kept getting them wrong :L...Will do it again though hah thanks..Music Idea seems good with it:D

Advertisement