Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be confident or expect the worst???

Options
  • 03-06-2010 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Going into the exams is it best to be confindent or should i expect the worst so i might be plesently surprised that i know things???? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I'm going to try and be confident. There's no point in worrying over it because it doesn't really mean a whole lot. I still want to do really well but I won't mind really if I don't do as well as I want to do. I usually expect the worst but being confident is usually a whole lot better. You probably know more than you think. You might not necessarily be able to recite off reams of stuff now but when it matters it will just come to you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rob.oc

ye i think ill do that then... ill probably make a mess of it if i start worring:P

Thanks anyways!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

Go in being positive! Otherwise you'll just make yourself more stressed out and you won't be able to concentrate! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Always be confident.
    If you are confident, you will stick at questions even if you find them a bit difficult.

How to pass the Junior:
    Believe you can
    Do the right number of questions
    Answer the question asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Think positive. Go into it thinking I am going to get 10 A's or else you'll get freaked out and nevous. Girl in my year attributes her 10 A's equally to positive thinking and studying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Come September you'll all be talking about how easy it all was compared to the leaving cert
    It really is designed for you to do your best. There is no bell curve grade arrangement like in the LC meaning only a certain number get As e.t.c. In the Junior Cert they are looking to get you as high a grade as your work merits so just study and think positive and you'll be getting As left, right and centre ;)

That said, the Leaving Cert is quite different. But you shouldn't worry about that now, worry about it when you start fifth year ;)

Advertisement