Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker to return to Goffs in 2011??

• 03-06-2010 12:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

Listening to Barry Hearn being interviewed on the radio today and as well as speaking about him winning the vote yesterday he was outlining his plans for snooker in the future which he hope will include professional snooker returning to Goffs.
    Personally I thought Goffs was a fantastic venue and is still talked about among the more senior professionals who played there. Although it is too small to hold a ranking event it is big enough to hold an invitational event.Hearn touched on the idea of a senior event bringing back some of the older boys who once played there.
    It all boils down to wheter the tv (RTE) will take it and if a sponsor can be found.
    Exciting!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

It would be brilliant, but with the RTE being 30/40 years behind everything else, I cant see them doing this. Hearn should be able to find sponsorship here, but tv coverage is a different kettle of fish. All the biddies would be complaining that they couldnt listen/watch the bell ringing at 6pm so thats a big no no for RTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

zack01 wrote: »
    Listening to Barry Hearn being interviewed on the radio today and as well as speaking about him winning the vote yesterday he was outlining his plans for snooker in the future which he hope will include professional snooker returning to Goffs.
    Personally I thought Goffs was a fantastic venue and is still talked about among the more senior professionals who played there. Although it is too small to hold a ranking event it is big enough to hold an invitational event.Hearn touched on the idea of a senior event bringing back some of the older boys who once played there.
    It all boils down to wheter the tv (RTE) will take it and if a sponsor can be found.
    Exciting!!

Really hope it does comeback, I have been to the citywest quite a few times and that venue is very nice, I have really enjoyed it. Lots of catering and bars and quite a massive amount of snooker merchandise in the main bar.

It is quite a pity that RTE would have to cover this, as their camera anlges and general camera work is not great at all... and we could have to put up with Angus McNally's face as well. They should contract people in who have actually filmed snooker so it looks reasonable.

Would be great if this kicked off next year, It should do because it will be a sell out event. Lots of people love snooker in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Sounds great! Fingers crossed.

Advertisement