Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics

Options
  • 03-06-2010 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

I was just wondering would any one be able to help me with graphs for the experiments..... I am able to do the graphs but when it comes to e.g finding he slope of the graph I am stuck....One example is the measurement of g by freefall...how do i find the gravity from the graph??

Any help greatly appreciated !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

trepasers wrote: »
    I was just wondering would any one be able to help me with graphs for the experiments..... I am able to do the graphs but when it comes to e.g finding he slope of the graph I am stuck....One example is the measurement of g by freefall...how do i find the gravity from the graph??

Any help greatly appreciated !!

For that particular experiment I think you multiply the slope by 2 to get gravity

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭trepasers

ciano1 wrote: »
    For that particular experiment I think you multiply the slope by 2 to get gravity

how do you find the slope though ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

y2-y1/x2-x1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭UnionOfV

You have to look at the formula and rearrange it so that on one side you have y/x and what is on the other side is the slope.

So for example if your formula is

E = h.f

and you have the energy (E) on the Y axis, and the frequency (f) on the X axis, then since

y/x = slope

E/f = h

THEN

h = slope

Each experiment will be different, and you can learn them off but it's best to check it manually in the exam just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭trepasers

thanks everyone for your help......
    One more thing then im sorted.....say if the sound intensity was 25 and it increased to 50 how do you calculate sound intensity level change ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

When the sound intensity doubles, the SIL increases by 3dB.

Advertisement