Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting question

Options
  • 03-06-2010 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey. Would anyone be able to able to help me with a quick question?
    If a tabular statement question happens to come up in the exam will we be given a template to do the question on or will we be required to draw it out ourselves? Just wondering as it can take a good five minutes work out the amount of columns you need and to draw it out. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Messi 10

johnnyc91 wrote: »
    Hey. Would anyone be able to able to help me with a quick question?
    If a tabular statement question happens to come up in the exam will we be given a template to do the question on or will we be required to draw it out ourselves? Just wondering as it can take a good five minutes work out the amount of columns you need and to draw it out. Thanks in advance.

I'm 99% certain that you have to draw it out yourself. It's a bit of a pain alright. The only good thing is that it's a question you can do fairly quickly once you have it drawn out.

I wouldn't be surprised if it came up instead of a suspense account. Just to mix things up as they always seem to put suspense on every year but they could very well go for tabular instead as it also tests your double entry etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 johnnyc91

Cheers for that.
    Yeah will most likely do it if it comes up as a hundred marker. Usually very straight forward and theres never any theory to catch you out.

Advertisement