Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad in PR and Event management with Fitzwilliam Institute

Options
  • 03-06-2010 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey guys,

I'm really interested in this course and have applied and been accepted onto it. Has anyone here done it before? Was it worth it? I really want to get into PR and Event management. I've heard this is the place to go.. I just want to make sure I'm spending my money wisely. All advice welcomed!

Thanks!

OuiOui

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 OuiOui

Anyone???

I'd really appreciate some advice as if i was to go ahead I would be spending all my savings...

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Unique User Name

Hi OP. This is just my opinion and I'm not suggesting what you should or shouldn't do. I know a few people that have done this course and have found that in terms of getting a career in event management it hasn't really helped them. I worked for an event management company at one time but they went bust due to the recession and it's going to be pretty tough to get a job with one at this time. As it happens an ex director of that company is one of the lecturers on the course.

Your best bet is to get involved in marketing and get into an event management company through this route but again with the current climate this is going to be tough to do. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Wrong time, wrong industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Not worth doing, four grand for a postgrad dip in something like this, save the money and go work in an event management company for free and get experience.

Ashville media will take you on for free...it's all they do...

• Advertisement
Advertisement