Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedian at Mayoral Ball?

Options
  • 03-06-2010 2:01pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I read a letter in the Advertiser today complaining that the comedian at it was making racist jokes. Who was the comedian? Was anyone there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

So a Jewish guy walks onto a ship and......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Wompa1 wrote: »
    So a Jewish guy walks onto a ship and......

Bang Bang!

Oops - Meant Boom Boom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Was it Dave McSavage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 headbangers

I think it was the fellow from Mayo who does the michail ni mircheartaigh thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

Probally just some PC nutjob with nothing better to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

It's all fun and games as long as he rips the piss out of everyone; black, white, jewish, muslim, catholic, blind, drunk etc. :)

Weren't the tickets for that about 120 euro? Perhaps they didn't select their comedians appropriately for their audience.

Speaking of McSavage, the first time I saw him in the Roisin I thought he was fantastic, laughed my pants off, so I made sure I didn't miss him the next time around. What a crock of ****! The next gig (possibly the most recent one he did here) was basically a promo for The Savage Eye, he told **** all jokes and kept reminding the audience about his new show and buying the cd at the end of the gig. Now that was offensive.

dafunk wrote: »
    It's all fun and games as long as he rips the piss out of everyone; black, white, jewish, muslim, catholic, blind, drunk etc. :)

Weren't the tickets for that about 120 euro? Perhaps they didn't select their comedians appropriately for their audience.

Speaking of McSavage, the first time I saw him in the Roisin I thought he was fantastic, laughed my pants off, so I made sure I didn't miss him the next time around. What a crock of ****! The next gig (possibly the most recent one he did here) was basically a promo for The Savage Eye, he told **** all jokes and kept reminding the audience about his new show and buying the cd at the end of the gig. Now that was offensive.

Was that the one last Christmas? If it was I was one of the supports, had numerous people tell me afterward that had they known how poor McSavage was they would never have bought a ticket. Most were shocked that he was headlining given just how poor his set was.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Yeah, would have been around then .... I missed the supports as far as I remember .... do you often support at the comedy shows?

dafunk wrote: »
    Yeah, would have been around then .... I missed the supports as far as I remember .... do you often support at the comedy shows?

It was just a one off though I should be doing a bit more in the coming year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Was it Dave McSavage?

no, it was a comdian not a D4 prat, who is seldom funny. maybe Tommy T

• Advertisement

I think it was the fellow from Mayo who does the michail ni mircheartaigh thing.

I love that guy. saw him once and he seemed to know a lot of poeple in the audience by name. cad is ainm do?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭forumfiend

Fuinseog wrote: »
    I love that guy. saw him once and he seemed to know a lot of poeple in the audience by name. cad is ainm do?

Frank Forde?

forumfiend wrote: »
    Frank Forde?

thats him

Advertisement