Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you remix a pop artist

Options
  • 03-06-2010 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭

So if you had the chance top remix a pop artists new single would you do it.

you would of course face ridicule from your peers but would you put this aside to maybe gain a bit more exposure(no publicity is bad publicity and all that)

now of course your going to say ill do an underground mix but lets say its a commercial sounding mix they want,would you do it:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

yup. no problem. been there and done it proudly.

your peers arent putting the bread on your table are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

<--Crazyfrog game music.

:P

Neurojazz wrote: »
    <--Crazyfrog game music.

:P

dude, theres a line. :p

I have a streak of cheese in most my tunes lol - took many House parties and Niel Sedaka twisted my soul lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

well i guess alot of us wouldnt be solely be relying on music for our income
    so if it wasnt for they money aspect would you do

also care to divulge what popstar damagedtrax:p

• Advertisement

seannash wrote: »
    well i guess alot of us wouldnt be solely be relying on music for our income
    so if it wasnt for they money aspect would you do

also care to divulge what popstar damagedtrax:p

i'd still do it whether for money or not. remember that besides hard techno im an engineer aswell and i work with pop. r'n'b, rock etc all the time so it doesnt bother me as long as its good. right now im co-producing and engineering an album for a girl band :D

and no i wont divulge who i remixed for (or the name i released it under) :P

i'd still do it whether for money or not. remember that besides hard techno im an engineer aswell and i work with pop. r'n'b, rock etc all the time so it doesnt bother me as long as its good. right now im co-producing and engineering an album for a girl band :D

and no i wont divulge who i remixed for (or the name i released it under) :P

booooooo:D:p

yeah thats true i guess.

i must admit i was expecting to be steamrolled by the selling your soul response but noones piped up yet

yeah thats true i guess.

i must admit i was expecting to be steamrolled by the selling your soul response but noones piped up yet

i think they genre walls are collapsing a lot more the last few years.. which is great :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

yeah thats true i guess.

I thought remixing was a big part of the dancemusic scene, take 1998 by you know who:D. That's been remixed so many times (great tune by the way).

Do you mean a remix of someone like Girls Aloud?

I thought remixing was a big part of the dancemusic scene, take 1998 by you know who:D. That's been remixed so many times (great tune by the way).

Do you mean a remix of someone like Girls Aloud?

yes exactly like remixing girls aloud.

remixing is a huge part of dance music alright but you generally remix a track from another dance music genre into the style you normally produce

• Advertisement

I'd like to do Bjork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

yeah thats true i guess.

Dont do it Sean, Your selling your soul.

Nah just kidding. I'd definately do it if given the opportunity. Sure why not? Do it under a different name. Gives an opportuinty to be creative in a different genre than normal.

I'd like to do Bjork.

Any particular track?

i think he just meant he'd like to do her.... :D

dont blame him really, crazy sexy bitch!!!

I see:D

Id say she's a biter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Jedward, I would mix in 100% static with any of their songs.

Dont do it Sean, Your selling your soul.

Nah just kidding. I'd definately do it if given the opportunity. Sure why not? Do it under a different name. Gives an opportuinty to be creative in a different genre than normal.
    just being hypothetical,im not actually lined up to remix any pop star.

just curious to see if people would do it or not :D

just being hypothetical,im not actually lined up to remix any pop star.

just curious to see if people would do it or not :D

It's Jedward isnt it :)

Id say she's a biter :D

please please let her be a biter :D

bjork2.jpg

NOM NOM NOM :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

fee?????

She drives me made, and the music behind is perfect - this track screams of contrast to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQOcXAShp2Q

jtsuited wrote: »
    fee?????
    well i guess that would also have to be considered wouldnt it.

but if your commanding a decent fee you really dont need any exposure so i cant imagine a relatively unknown person recieving much

well i guess that would also have to be considered wouldnt it.

but if your commanding a decent fee you really dont need any exposure so i cant imagine a relatively unknown person recieving much

Keep the masters until you get a % of the royalties ;)

i love her phrasing so much. she just hits the right place everytime even though in theory most of it shouldnt work.

EDIT: sorry, we seem to have moved on from bjork (here on in known as mrs. trax.. ok?)

i love her phrasing so much. she just hits the right place everytime even though in theory most of it shouldnt work.

EDIT: sorry, we seem to have moved on from bjork (here on in known as mrs. trax.. ok?)

She is like Kate Bush TNG.

;)

Sometimes you can hear her voice clean up and she can sing like Maddona (the older version) - she's obviously picked her niche and nailed it. I love all the 'lost it' moments... sending listeners right off... hard to find things that do that and make it commercially.

She is like Kate Bush TNG.

;)

Sometimes you can hear her voice clean up and she can sing like Maddona (the older version) - she's obviously picked her niche and nailed it. I love all the 'lost it' moments... sending listeners right off... hard to find things that do that and make it commercially.

totally, if you listen to something like birthday (sugarcubes) you're left feeling ecstatic by her delivery but totally confused as to what you've just listened to!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭CyanRain

Of course I would. Who gives a **** if people don't like the artist you remix? Isn't that the point of a remix; to give a song more exposure by having versions in a number of genres?

Most people would be happy for you for getting your name on a big artist's single/E.P. They won't hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭jiltloop

I'd do what Aphex Twin did when Madonna asked him to work with her on a track, ask her to record herself making animal noises!
    Ah no seriously though I'd find it very hard to say no to the exposure and money. As long as I didn't have to make a cheesy pop type remix and had creative control then I would most likely go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭jiltloop

I'd like to do Bjork.
    So would I!!! And I'd also like to remix one of her tracks!

Advertisement