Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will college know I qualify for free fee's ?

Options
  • 03-06-2010 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

How does the college know that I qualify for free fee's ? Will they know themselves from the CAO application or will I be sent a form to fill-in ? Just want to know how this works as I have no idea.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

redout wrote: »
    Hi,

How does the college know that I qualify for free fee's ? Will they know themselves from the CAO application or will I be sent a form to fill-in ? Just want to know how this works as I have no idea.

If you included all details on your CAO form accurately they should know. Don't worry, if they want money from you they will be in touch. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭breedie

The way it happened with me was that the college sent out a blank bank draft to complete with a fee schedule. This tells you how much to pay - if you qualify for full fees/part fees/ etc (you might have to pay part of your registration fee)
    Read the fee schedule to see how much you are supposed to pay and then go to the bank. Keep your copy of the bank draft and bring it with you when you register, they will then know that your fees are being paid by your VEC/County Council etc.
    Hope this helps :)

Advertisement