Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sustainibility Forum

Options
  • 03-06-2010 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask a question, but here goes;

I made a post in a thread which was fairly straightforward. “Companies who landfill generally do have the word "RECYCLE" emblazoned on the side of their trucks. the word has been so devalued now as to be almost meaningless.”

A moderator then replied saying “You mean waste management companies that are engaged in recovering recyclabes also landfill some of their waste? Shocking.”

So I replied that, no, that was not what I meant and what I meant was what I had said.

The moderator then asked if some of the trucks carrying this label also recycled other goods, and I again replied that my view was that the word “recycling” was devalued.

Then he asked if I thought they should be barred from using the word “recycled” and I said “no”.

Then the same moderator said that he was looking for “clarification “as to what I meant, and I told him that I meant what I had said, nothing more and nothing less, and that he really shouldn’t try to interpret what I am saying, and should read it and not try to put words into my mouth.

He then replied that I am now banned from the forum, and has conveniently deleted most of his posts, claiming that his own posts are now “Irrelevant posts deleted”

I am sad that a moderator should first of all not accept what someone says, and try to provoke them into saying something which they had not said. His response to pull rank makes him seem petty and parochial, and I ask that this unmerited ban is lifted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

jacaranda wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask a question,

The standard resolution process is mentioned here.

To quote from it....
    Complaints about a moderator action, ban or infraction - ALWAYS PM THE MODERATOR FIRST, to try resolve the situation amicably, like an adult.
    If you're unhappy with that outcome, then get in touch with that sections CMod.
    If you are still unhappy, then start a thread here, and include as much relevant information as you can.

So this may be the right place for your query, or it may not. Have you contacted the mod in question, and subsequently one or both of the CMods for the forum? (For reference, they are nesf and Scofflaw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭jacaranda

bonkey wrote: »
    The standard resolution process is mentioned here.

To quote from it....

So this may be the right place for your query, or it may not. Have you contacted the mod in question, and subsequently one or both of the CMods for the forum? (For reference, they are nesf and Scofflaw)

No, I haven't contacted the moderator ( I think it's unlikely he'll agree that he has been petty or parochial) and neither have I contacted the "CMods" (whatever they are I am not sure).

Thinking about it, I'm happy to let it pass, and if it gives the moderator some sort of pleasure then who am I to deny him that.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement