Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has'nt Awear improved!

• 03-06-2010 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43 hunnybee

Have to say , there are so many nice things in Awear at the moment, it's improved so much!, I always passed this shop, bland was how I would have described it before- not anymore..really cute dresses, jackets-http://www.awear.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭littleoulme

Yeah definately - coupon on pigsback for 10% off aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

It really has come on so much. It was brilliant during autumn / winter gone by. Lots of lovely dresses and coats. And it's so much cheaper than a lot of other shops.

But I really hate their eclectic paradise range that's in at the minute. I'm all for colour but this just seemed too bright and garish. I also didn't like the reduction in the student discount. :(

I always liked it but the quality would be a bit iffy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Recently they've started stocking really sweet dresses and skirts - Love it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

Oh have they reduced the student discount? boo how annoying! I do like some of their clothes, I just find them to be getting a bit more expensive these days. I worked there as a temp 2 years ago and their prices were much cheaper! Sometimes the quality isn't great either....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

Their clothes are becoming much more feminine lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

I have a bit of a love hate thing with awear, they do do some fantastic pieces and it is generally the one high street shop you can be guaranteed finding something you like well enough to buy at any one time but they also stock such a load of manky crap too and the quality is terrible a lot of the time. Great sales though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Too girly for me tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

No I still don't like it. Weird shapes and colours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

oh whats their discount now? i know it used to be 10%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Had a wander in yesterday, clothes look lovely on the hangers but they just don't suit me at all. I'm short and a size 10 and none of their clothes do anything for me. Shame :( Some of them are really lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Had a wander in yesterday, clothes look lovely on the hangers but they just don't suit me at all. I'm short and a size 10 and none of their clothes do anything for me. Shame :( Some of them are really lovely

Same position as me. Its nice on the hanger but they never fit. The quality isn't great either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I hate A-Wear. The range is really boring and they are far too fond of viscose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

oh whats their discount now? i know it used to be 10%
    It was 15% for around the last year or that, it's at 10% now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I got a lovely long flowery top in there over the weekend. They had some lovely stuff but unfortunatly my purse didn't have enough in it.

Were they always this expensive? I like some of the dresses and skirts, but 40 quid for a miniskirt? 50-60 quid for a dress? That's like Urban Outfitters prices. Perhaps I've been in the UK too long cos I'm shocked at how dear it all is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

I've noticed the prices creeping up in A-Wear while the quality seems to be diminishing. Some of the stuff is ok, but I'm not as big a fan of it as I had been a few years ago, probably because I don't like much of what's in fashion these days. However, that said, I do like their range of jeans. They pretty much have something to suit all tastes and, more importantly, all shapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

Its been one of my fave shops for a while, but I do agree that the quality can be a little bad at times. I believe they have improved greatly since their launch in the UK too, they appear on all the mags now on a weekly basis - keeps them working hard I suppose!! Not sure if they still have the same buyer that buys for Pennys, used to be the case a couple of years ago..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭xoixo

The main qualm I have with AWear is how they pin the clothes on the mannequins to give it a shape that is completely different to how the dress actually falls. Looks really flattering on the mannequin, take it into the dressing room and realise its a potato sack with a pretty pattern.

If only I could safety pin my skin :(

xoixo wrote: »
    The main qualm I have with AWear is how they pin the clothes on the mannequins to give it a shape that is completely different to how the dress actually falls. Looks really flattering on the mannequin, take it into the dressing room and realise its a potato sack with a pretty pattern.

If only I could safety pin my skin :(

I've noticed that a lot, too. Really really annoying! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Pretty much every shop does that. River Island, Topshop, Arnotts etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭ananas

SO TRUE! A wear went to the dogs there for a while and now its back with a bang! The only thing I don't like is the sizing. I am a comfortable size 12, maybe a size 10 on a skinny day- but in there I'm a size 8! I haven't been a size 8 since I was 15 and I'm under no illusion that I'm a size 8 now, thats my only gripe with A wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I kind of forgot about Awear for a long time and went back in recently and got some lovely stuff. I find it hit and miss though regarding shape and fit. I'm small and a size 10 and I could be anything from a 6 to 12 in their dresses.

I love their knitwear which is great quality and usually go there when I need some cardies or jumpers for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I was in awear today and it's crap :/

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭cailineile

Its funny am just reading a magazine here in France and they have items from Awear in it,

Some things have improved but I got a pair of trousers from their recently, size 12 and the def must be 16 falling of me, I am a good 12, agree sizing all over the place.

I got most of the Peter O, Brien stuff (alas it is finished now), but when he had his first collection, the sizes were true, I am a 8/10 on top and they were perfect. Crisp white shirts, sweaters etc, one of his final collections, the size 10 blouse was huge, apparently there were complaints that the first collection wouldn't fit the Irish women,

Its funny the 8/10 over here wouldn't go over my arms, seamstresses will tell you that if they take a pattern from the 60s, and a pattern from today they are cut 2 sizes bigger!!!!
    they are all doing it not just awear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Sizing is bad, I'd be a size 8 generally and then i have to take a size 10 in awear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I've always found the quality of the clothes pretty rubbish to be honest, haven't bought anything in there for years except for an expensive Peter O'Brien coat at Christmas, still expensive even on sale and the lining in the pockets all ripped after two wears - I had to spend two hours sewing them up mediocrely, not impressed.
    As for their other clothes, sizing is poor, particularly in trousers and I hate that viscosey material they use in tops.

Sizing is definitely all over the place at the moment. I bought a few pairs of jeans there about a year ago and I was definitely a size 10. Bought another pair (same style) about 3 months ago, and the size 10 is quite big on me, so I now appear to be an inbetween size, whereas this time last year I was definitely a size 10. Oh, and I've not lost weight either! It's really frustrating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I don't really think their clothes are all that, kind of remind me of Penneys clothes, but I go in for GOSH makeup. Before A-Wear started stocking it, you could only get it in Debenhams and the very rare chemist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nimhbal

Its definately true about their sizing, I can be anything from an 8-14 in there and I'm a good size 12!! having said that, I love their clothes, even though quality can be iffy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Weird that this thread came up, i was just saying this to friends a while ago! Defo improved! A year ago, I would never have even bothered looking i there, now I go there before anywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Their clothes are enormous. I'm an 8 but in there I need a 6 which seems to be non-existent, hence I can't shop in there. Which is a shame as their lines have improved considerably from being bland and chavvy to somewhat more fashion forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Well the 6 was completely non existent until about a year or so ago, I don't have a problem finding it. Their tank tops are awful quality, I've much better ones from Penneys. The dresses are often lovely, rarely nice on me, and creeping up in price. LOVE their hairbands.

Advertisement