Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Alarm Panel

Options
123457»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

altor wrote: »
    New rule regarding upgrading a control panel in the hot press.

If the original installation is done prior to May 2002 then the control panel can be installed there and certified to the EN50131 standard.
    It is still recommended that the control panel is moved from the hot press.

Sweet.Dont you just love vindication.:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

paddy147 wrote: »
    Me was right all along so.God I love vindication.:D
    Really??
    It appears,in some cases, panels can now be placed in a hot press and still conform to EN50131 .
    In which of the following were you right?:confused:

Well all I know is that 3 different alarm companies told me that I couldnt have the alarm panell in the hot press,that it wasnt allowed to be in there (where it was when I bought the house originally).So my house was rewired and the new alarm panel is now in a safer/better location now,than the hot press..
    Just dont put an alarm panel/battery in the hot press.Simple as that.

No rocket science needed.
    "You dont put an alarm panel in a hot press"............you call that waffle??

Even though what I said and my words are actually correct and true.;)

Might be waffle to you,but its the truth and it also practical common sense.

regards.
    House alarm panels are not allowed in a hot press either.

It is quite possible that the inconsistencies and contradictions that were highlighted here may be part of the reason for these changes.
    We know for a fact this & other threads did get the attention of the NSAI and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Technically he is right as it is a new rule :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

altor wrote: »
    Technically he is right as it is a new rule :)

Which quite possibly has been implemented because of points highlighted here in the first place. Rules are changed because things are wrong. I think this new rule is still wrong, as there are still inconsistencies, but thats another days argument.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

I agree, it is more than likely being changed due to our e-mails to and from the certification bodies. Although I too dont agree with the outcome at lease we got something to go by.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

KoolKid wrote: »
    Really??

You know what........If Jesus Christ himself stood in fornt of you and said that black was black,you would say no,disagree and say black was white.

In God we trust.
    But NSAI overrule him. :rolleyes:

Advertisement