Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a ukelele

Options
  • 03-06-2010 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

I saw a new ukelele yesterday for €36.Somebody told me that I should pay at least about €70 for one because if you get anything cheaper the strings will keep slipping on it.Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Strings.ie

The cheaper Ukuleles can be more toyish. If you are on a budget and just want to have a go then they can be fine. If you are serious about playing the Ukulele then you'll get a good entry level from 50 euro. Once you start getting into solid woods then the price goes up.

If you want some un-biased advice ask the lads over at:

www.ukeireland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭surfergirl92

I bought a €36 euro ukulele and got some new strings and its fine if you just want to see if you like it or not but it doesnt sound too good and isnt so nice to play,so if you are 80% sure you want one I'd advise something like this http://www.thomann.de/ie/lanikai_lu11_sopran_ukulele.htm Lanikia ukulele's are from Hawaii and trust me they sound beautiful.Youtube some and it will soon make up your mind. :D

Advertisement