Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What weapon would you like to see in BFBC2?

Options
  • 03-06-2010 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

Bored outta my bin in work today....its a slowwwwww day so gots me wonda'ing....What weapon would you like to see in BFBC2?

For me it would be the "TRIP WIRE" that was in the single player campaign, you could have great fun with that. Maybe even the trusty old "FLASH BANG"... and a totally silent CROSS-BOW for snipers would be KOOL with a one hit kill but would be slow and hard to target to compensate or something.....Also bring back CLAYMOREs they were very good too. Stop peeps running at flags I tell ya.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Bouncing Bett, Pungi Sticks, Mat49, Type 53, Log Traps......hold on just put BFV into the game and I'd be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

HK MP7. I loved it in BF2 SF, it looks bloody cool and well i love SMGs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

A Voss L-ar with the PK-74 AR-Rockets, battle walkers and tanks that hover.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I never played BF:V and after checking YOU TUBE I would not put it near my PC...its looks and prolly plays PURE CRAP...dated is not the word.

And BF2142 man them were the days....I was better at BF2142 then BFBC2, the voss was good but the KRYLOV was my weapon of choice but I use to love the zoomed scope on the SCAR 11AR.....with all the LED's an that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Krylov was great but you spent half the time reloading, went through 20 bullets too quick.

The ablilty to carry a decent rifle(lambert), anti personel mines and rdx made 2142 for me, should be able to do it in BC2.

Screw that, BC2 should have a titan mode, now there was team work.

• Advertisement

Yeah defending the titan core was an art in itself....but it was a super game it really was/is.

Krylov not a single bit of recoil...lol

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I never played BF:V and after checking YOU TUBE I would not put it near my PC...

Heh it was and still is one of the best of the BF series, the game rocked ffs. To even put it in the same post as that bag or cats****e 2142 makes me laugh, that game was a badly skinned version of BF2, badly skinned might I add.

At least it looked well and sounded well. That crock of sh.it BFV is like a bad southpark sketch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

At least it looked well and sounded well. That crock of sh.it BFV is like a bad southpark sketch.

seriously,

That's as close to blasphemy as it gets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

zip lines/grappling hooks were actually kinda cool in SF, shame it wasn't utilised more for vanilla BF2, definitely an interesting tool that allowed you to get into unconventional places.

• Advertisement

Yeah the SF patch was good and some of the maps in the EF pack were cool to. Jeez we are getting all sentimental n sh.it. :o

karma_ wrote: »
    seriously,

That's as close to blasphemy as it gets.

I suppose it was OKAY for its time....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

More weapons would be cool, I'd really love to see more maps though. Conquest is bad if you have sh1tty teammates, I have a weird hate for Nelson Bay, and there's only so much you can play Arica Harbour Rush. Love Valparasio and Laguna Presa though.

Yeah...really starting to hit a wall with this game now myself. I mean if we did not have all the banter within the clan or a laugh with the Craggy Boys I dont think I would even play the game that much.

Have started a new solider just for shi.ts and giggles not that I will play much with him...Watch out for him....????? :eek:

I did notice in sigg o matic when checking the stats of guns that a new variant of the old weapons are there now. The M16 has a new camo look and so does one or two others. They have this already in the PS3 and Xbox games so maybe it is coming with the new patch>?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Yeah...really starting to hit a wall with this game now myself. I mean if we did not have all the banter within the clan or a laugh with the Craggy Boys I dont think I would even play the game that much.

Have started a new solider just for shi.ts and giggles not that I will play much with him...Watch out for him....????? :eek:

I did notice in sigg o matic when checking the stats of guns that a new variant of the old weapons are there now. The M16 has a new camo look and so does one or two others. They have this already in the PS3 and Xbox games so maybe it is coming with the new patch>?

They're the SPECACT variants. Same weapons, just with camo and associated pins. The exception being the MG3 which has different stats, more damage, slower firing.

Yeah, can we use them in the PC game or WHAT.....?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Yeah, can we use them in the PC game or WHAT.....?

They're paid DLC, but we'll get them on PC with the next patch.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'd orgasm if I could get a Kar98k for BC2

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Some sort of a flame thrower would be kinda cool .. but also that if a sniper shot the back pack in right place ..BOOM all enemy team wiped out in close range

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

And this is the reason why gameplay and innovation is being replaced with a dominating need for shiny things. I shall call your generation of gamers Magpies.

BFV was the best of the series. Fast paced gameplay, great individual weapons/vehicles and a sense of atmosphere at times that was unreal.

• Advertisement

There, what he said. We still go back and spend months at a time playing BFV, it really is that good. Hit detection for a start was perfect, balance was pretty good, and the music really topped the whole thing off. Would love to see an organised night of BFV soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Hmm, should maybe install 2142 over the weekend for the craic. :)

But anyway, weapons:

The Isreali TAR 21 Tavor. Super weapon. Can be fitted with a 40mm nade launcher also. The weapon is light, short (as its a bullpup design), incredibly accurate, and comes pre-configured with a built in red-dot scope that cannot be removed, so it is always zeroed. Oh, it has semi auto, burst, and full auto modes.

In fact, I'd like the ability to switch between firing modes again.

Another 'weapon' I'd like to see from previous BF games - the grapple hook. That was super cool.

Oh, and missiles from the gunner seat in the choppers. Dart + gun = fail.

The Barrett XM500 sniper rifle is pretty cool too. Semi auto, .50cal

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The Isreali TAR 21 Tavor. Super weapon. Can be fitted with a 40mm nade laincher also.

Nah, we don't need it.

Nah, we don't need it.

Sorry, that was meant to say 'launcher' - would you like it then?? :p

At least its not fitted with a CG eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

A F18 or F22 raptor :D I miss my jets from BF2 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Jets ruined bf2 for me, Claymores were also cheap way of killing. Im happy both have not been included.

Grappling hook is a savage idea, that was great fun in BF:SF

Tavor is a cool weapon, wouldn't mind having that.

I would like to see desert eagle added

Regardless, bfbc2 has a fantastic weapon selection as it is

Yeah the jets were savage in the right hands in BF2....if you had one fook who could fly it was the worst round ever no one was safe.....they needed to be shot down alot quicker.

But the armour in BF2 was absoulte top notch really great fun.

Yeah the jets were savage in the right hands in BF2....if you had one fook who could fly it was the worst round ever no one was safe.....they needed to be shot down alot quicker.

But the armour in BF2 was absoulte top notch really great fun.

Maps in BC2 are way too small for jets. The maps with the jets in BF2 were far larger than anything in BC2.

Would love to see WAKE ISLAND in BFBC2, I really would.

• Advertisement

Would love to see WAKE ISLAND in BFBC2, I really would.

Ugh, what a horrible map! Infantry only, once there's plenty of jeeps, fair enough. But its a huge map for BC2

Advertisement