Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055929543

Options
  • 01-06-2010 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭

I vote me for president.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Junior vice president

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Whoever has the time and the passion should volunteer, I can think of several, but wouldn't feel comfortable nominating anyone in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Junior vice president

Executive Junior Vice President

Sorry I'm going to have to repeat this:
    What are we voting for.

Example: I would happily vote for Bertie Ahern.

But only if the poll was "People you would like to punch"

I.e. not who is on the committee, what is the committee.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Read the first post in the other committee thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I'm going to assume everyone's for this and I'm the only one against this by lack of discussion.

Also I assume then this is not an inferno committee and indeed its an all Ireland fighting game committee?

& finally I can't disagree with this enough :
    Originally Posted by Azza
    Decision making up till now has been hindered by indecision due most of the decision making revolving around voting among the community. This is problamatic for two reasons. Length of time required to vote and unclear/close results leaving the decision making no better off than before the vote.

Didn't realise everything was so horribly run all this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Ive got a few things to say regarding this committee.

First of all you can`t just vote people in, People need to want to be on this committee before you vote for them and they need to be able to make clear and concise decisions and bring an area of expertise to the table, also you can`t just vote yourself in either, thats how corruption starts.

Our community needs a lot more than a committee and this is not the time to be talking about all of this. Our main concern as a community should be the evo/inferno event this weekend, that is our priority at the moment, everything else should be put on hold until after that is finished.

Then we can all work together and plan what we want to do.

One step at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Keep this thread for votes.

There's plenty of time and space for discussion on this but not right now and here.

This is not a thread for discussion. I don't want ANOTHER thread descending into exactly the same argument with exactly the same points being made.

If you have a problem with this pm me but I would point out that arguing against a moderator on thread is against the rules anywhere on boards.

sorry doom, just saw your post

chunkis wrote: »
    Our main concern as a community should be the evo/inferno event this weekend, that is our priority at the moment, everything else should be put on hold until after that is finished.

I agree with this. and this stuff needs to be talked about in person, real life.

Advertisement