Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford pasttime/ hobbies

• 03-06-2010 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

im looking to take up a new sport or hobby in waterford , ive thought about doing a few surfing lessons in tramore. this summer unlike other summers i'll be off due to been laid off from my job. im looking for soemthing to get me out of the house and keep myself somewhat fit. anyone else find themselfs in a similar situation? theres only so much grass cutting you can do lol

was mad into soccer at school nor the gaa sports, i like tennis and the general out doors anyone recommend a interesting sport or passtime thats not going to break the bank??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

you might be intereted in some airsoft theres a waterford team

www.whiskeydelta.net

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...1705872&ref=ts

the team is pay as you play so no membership fees unlike alot of the rest. plus they have a 100 acre site. theres the Duncannon Military Festival on this weekend ( sat & sun) you can meet soem of the lads down there.

worth a look anyway and i hope it helps!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

would some fitness jogging/running suit you , try waterford ac ,

http://www.waterfordac.com/pages/wac_index2.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Cycling?

Its cheap if you already have a bike. You like the outdoors, and can look for small beaches on the copper coast. The ladies will be impressed by your knowledge of small private beaches.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 157 ✭✭pmccormack

Kayaking?
    I have a beginners kayaking course starting in Waterford next week if your interested drop me a mail. irishcanoekayak@gmail.com.

Triathlon seems to be a massively growing sport the training that they do would keep someone with alot of free time very active.

Cheers
    Paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭aws

Muay thai

I started it last year its the best thing iv ever done the fitness compares to nothing else iv ever done. Really enjoyable and addictive when you get into it. Heres a link to the website. www.waterfordmuaythai.com

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Running, its cheap and there's a few groups in Waterford that do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Is job hunting a hobby yet?

(sometimes fun, rarely get anything out of it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

aws wrote: »
    Muay thai

I started it last year its the best thing iv ever done the fitness compares to nothing else iv ever done. Really enjoyable and addictive when you get into it. Heres a link to the website. www.waterfordmuaythai.com

+1 on the Muay Thai. Also, there is MMA down in the gym aswell addictive also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 pjmurphy1981

cheers for all the replys guys, looks like alot of stuff to keep me going there for awhile !!! must head down to duncannon for a look.
    i done some taeknowdo years ago and loved it!

must drop u a line about the kayaking how much is the course and is all the gear provided?

def try the airsoft whats next game day??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 157 ✭✭pmccormack

Sent you a mail about the kayaking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement