Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More on the "Psychoactive Substances" bill

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 hydrosocks

Steodonn wrote: »
    Isent that one of the second rate American brands that never really caught on ? Dont suppose you know any of the ingredients. Cant seem to find it online anyway

not 100% sure if its american or not... the ingredients aren't listed on the pack:cool: just says 100% irish herbal mixture. and has been approved under the new irish ban. and it works 100% just the stone isn't as long lasting as say spice gold or old smoke plus. imo its very similar to king bbb strenght wise and taste. its a nirvana product too.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭blarney_army

Tried that Shamrock last weekend get more of a high smoking a benson fast :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭AKA pat sheen

vinylmesh wrote: »
    I wonder why they couldn't do this years ago when these products started appearing.....

They could have and decided not to I assume. The scientists who analyse this stuff have to be careful not to release information that could effectively be influencing the public in a way they wouldn't want thrown back at them, e.g. "I took those Super-Doves last night cos the guys at trinity said they were pure mephedrone.." as opposed to "I was gonna buy some Snow-Storm but the guys it trinity said it was just caffeine (or DMAA, F-tropacaine etc).."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 00_ghost_27

hydrosocks wrote: »
    not 100% sure if its american or not... the ingredients aren't listed on the pack:cool: just says 100% irish herbal mixture. and has been approved under the new irish ban. and it works 100% just the stone isn't as long lasting as say spice gold or old smoke plus. imo its very similar to king bbb strenght wise and taste. its a nirvana product too.

You must be working for Nirvana or something.

Yesterday, I started searching boards for some information on this new "Scamrock", Sorry I meant "Shamrock" Herbal Incense / MUCK & found this thread.

It's definately not American. No source but it simply isn't. Probably from some makeshift chemist in a housing estate somewhere.

Tbh, I doubt it has been approved by anybody. It's probably just a new compound that isn't yet illegal. Again no source, just common (in)sense.

It does not work 100% as it is muck, but that's just, like, my opinion. It maybe works 2 possibly 3 %.

It does not taste like the evil KingBBB and certainly is not similar strength as the evil KingBBB

The only reason I even bought it is because I'm trying to stop smoking weed & after a good few years, I'm finding it kind of difficult. I know what this stuff is like and just like all products from these headshops, are disgusting and potentially dangerous. I'm genuinley glad that the headshops are closing. But in saying that, thats just me, I wouldn't judge anybody that wants to consume these products or anything they so wish for that matter. I've just had enough of them.

I'm just writing this in the hope that somebody, maybe similar to me, considering buying this mix , might now refrain from wasting your money. Buy somthing nice, or save your money.

I've since dumped the bag + contents and will try and find another way to spend my days/money.

Hydrosocks, If I'm wrong & you don't make this stuff/ sell this stuff then I apologise for directing my post towards you. It's not personal, although there are 2 sides to every story & I believe this stuff to be a waste of money & precious time

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

Tbh, I doubt it has been approved by anybody. It's probably just a new compound that isn't yet illegal. Again no source, just common (in)sense.

That is the case as its how the whole legal high thing works

• Advertisement

You must be working for Nirvana or something.

Yesterday, I started searching boards for some information on this new "Scamrock", Sorry I meant "Shamrock" Herbal Incense / MUCK & found this thread.

It's definately not American. No source but it simply isn't. Probably from some makeshift chemist in a housing estate somewhere.

It does not work 100% as it is muck, but that's just, like, my opinion. It maybe works 2 possibly 3 %.

It does not taste like the evil KingBBB and certainly is not similar strength as the evil KingBBB

The only reason I even bought it is because I'm trying to stop smoking weed & after a good few years, I'm finding it kind of difficult. I know what this stuff is like and just like all products from these headshops, are disgusting and potentially dangerous. I'm genuinley glad that the headshops are closing. But in saying that, thats just me, I wouldn't judge anybody that wants to consume these products or anything they so wish for that matter. I've just had enough of them.

I'm just writing this in the hope that somebody, maybe similar to me, considering buying this mix , might now refrain from wasting your money. Buy somthing nice, or save your money.

I've since dumped the bag + contents and will try and find another way to spend my days/money.

Hydrosocks, If I'm wrong & you don't make this stuff/ sell this stuff then I apologise for directing my post towards you. It's not personal, although there are 2 sides to every story & I believe this stuff to be a waste of money & precious time

well as ya said yourself your intitled to your own opinion. that said, you say youv'e beeen smoking years and are trying to get off it...maybe your smoking too much and not enjoying it anymore???

well as ya said yourself your intitled to your own opinion. that said, you say youv'e beeen smoking years and are trying to get off it...maybe your smoking too much and not enjoying it anymore???

I have no problems getting stoned with weed, hash & even any of the products that the headshops sold up until recently (every one of which I tried). My point was simply that Shamrock, not even in the slightest bit, got me stoned. It actually smells like plastic when smoked

Yes I am smoking too much and unfortunatly do still enjoy it but I know that I ain't getting nowhere in life at the minute so I need to stop. That doesn't take away from my original point, which was Shamrock did absolutely nothing for me. Of course, everybody has different tolerence levels and perhaps it will get other people stoned. People will still buy it as long as it's available & that's cool, whatever, just not for me. And if you can get stoned of it, happy days.

I have no problems getting stoned with weed, hash & even any of the products that the headshops sold up until recently (every one of which I tried). My point was simply that Shamrock, not even in the slightest bit, got me stoned. It actually smells like plastic when smoked

Yes I am smoking too much and unfortunatly do still enjoy it but I know that I ain't getting nowhere in life at the minute so I need to stop. That doesn't take away from my original point, which was Shamrock did absolutely nothing for me. Of course, everybody has different tolerence levels and perhaps it will get other people stoned. People will still buy it as long as it's available & that's cool, whatever, just not for me. And if you can get stoned of it, happy days.

well getting nowhere in life is down to yourself. you couldn't possibly blame it on the weed/hash/whatever you inhale it on. you have your own choices at the end of the day and no herb can infulence your choice..its you.

Shamrock gets me stoned and im a regular smoker of weed/hash/poll and iv smoked all of the other headshop products myself bonzai/kingb/firefly/smoke/spice/ also my m8s have tried this with me who are all regular smokers and have got stoned on it. saying all this id still rather a bag of green anyday myself over any headshop subsatnce everyone would. its just not affordable is it.

well getting nowhere in life is down to yourself. you couldn't possibly blame it on the weed/hash/whatever you inhale it on. you have your own choices at the end of the day and no herb can infulence your choice..its you.

Shamrock gets me stoned and im a regular smoker of weed/hash/poll and iv smoked all of the other headshop products myself bonzai/kingb/firefly/smoke/spice/ also my m8s have tried this with me who are all regular smokers and have got stoned on it. saying all this id still rather a bag of green anyday myself over any headshop subsatnce everyone would. its just not affordable is it.

You're right, getting nowhere in life is certainly down to me & of course I don't blame weed or hash or jwh018 (and never stated that I did). But I can safely say it hasn't helped in my decision making.

My problem is that I tend to overdo it. Moderation is the key. Something I don't understand at the minute.

Yes I make my own choices & unfortunatly have made some poor ones. Leaving college twice in 2 years due to being stoned most of the time being one of them.

Again, everybodys different & we all smoke for different reasons, which is why I probably smoke so much.

I agree, weed is just too pricey at the minute, I've been paying €50 sh*t bags recently and even at that, it's sprayed with something nasty. At least The headshop products were reasonably priced if nothing else. Anyway all this talk of smoking is driving me up the walls so we might leave it at that.

I bid you good luck in life hydro

Ask for a free sample. If it's so good they won't hesitate.

The Criminal Justice (Psychoactive Substances) Bill was published today http://www.oireachtas.ie/documents/bills28/bills/2010/3410/b3410d.pdf. The "sale of certain objects" section has been considerably pruned. In fact there are quite a few changes compared to the general scheme pdf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭barrackali

Ask for a free sample. If it's so good they won't hesitate.

The Criminal Justice (Psychoactive Substances) Bill was published today http://www.oireachtas.ie/documents/bills28/bills/2010/3410/b3410d.pdf. The "sale of certain objects" section has been considerably pruned. In fact there are quite a few changes compared to the general scheme pdf.

From what I've read it seems to be fairly watertight.....good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

barrackali wrote: »
    From what I've read it seems to be fairly watertight.....good.

I see a huge gaping hole in it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mark27

00_ghost_27: bought a gram of that Sham****/Rock stuff myself there as ive been off the weed two weeks.

I thought i was going to get something off it because of being off the other stuff, opened the bag and almost gagged and retched with the odour that wafted out. Threw half the bag into one joint with a half a silk cut ultra and your right except i think you actually get MORE stoned off smoking a benson really fast.

Avoid folks, unless you actually WANT to throw your money down the bog! :)

P.S. Hydrosocks - your a big fat liar because even the guy in the headshop told me not to be expecting half the buzz you get off the bonzai

All the paraphernalia stuff is gone and "recklessly" supplying hydroponic equipment has been replaced with "knowingly" supplying such equipment, where that equipment is used to produce a drug. Why is that in there, that would be an offence already?
    5.—(1) A person who publishes or displays or causes to be pub- lished or displayed any advertisement knowing or being reckless as to whether the advertisement—

(b) promotes the consumption of a substance or a combi- nation of substances for its or their, as the case may be, psychoactive effects and provides information on how or where a psychoactive substance may be obtained, or

(c) provides information on how an object may be used to cultivate by hydroponic means any plant, fungus, natural organism or substance in contravention of section 17 of the Act of 1977,

“advertisement” includes every form of advertisement, whether or not to the public, in a newspaper or other publication, on television or radio, by display of a notice, by electronic communication, includ- ing by means of the internet, or by any other means;
    Does this mean posting practical information on a cannabis forum for example would be considered an offence? Would it cover hydrosocks spam above? He is promoting a psychoactive substance, although I doubt it really is psychoactive, and he provides the vendors name.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

5.—(1) A person who publishes or displays or causes to be pub- lished or displayed any advertisement knowing or being reckless as to whether the advertisement—

(b) promotes the consumption of a substance or a combi- nation of substances for its or their, as the case may be, psychoactive effects and provides information on how or where a psychoactive substance may be obtained, or

(c) provides information on how an object may be used to cultivate by hydroponic means any plant, fungus, natural organism or substance in contravention of section 17 of the Act of 1977,

“advertisement” includes every form of advertisement, whether or not to the public, in a newspaper or other publication, on television or radio, by display of a notice, by electronic communication, includ- ing by means of the internet, or by any other means;

So if I tell someone that smoking banana peels or tea is psychoactive then I am breaking the law?

This bill has nothing to do with protecting citizens from dangerous substances, it is clearly sending out a message that the government don`t want you to get high. (unless it is from caffeine,alcohol or nicotine).

Shulgin wrote: »
    So if I tell someone that smoking banana peels or tea is psychoactive then I am breaking the law?

This bill has nothing to do with protecting citizens from dangerous substances, it is clearly sending out a message that the government don`t want you to get high. (unless it is from caffeine,alcohol or nicotine).

Food substances are exempted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

that it is reasonable to assume that the accused knew or was reckless as to whether the substance was being acquired or supplied for human consumption

How can you "be reckless", does explicitly stating "not for human consumption" not absolve a retailer from all guilt?
    it shall be presumed, until the court is satisfied to the contrary, that the accused had such knowledge or was so reckless

Innocent untill proven guilty Guilty untill proven innocent :eek:.

Great times we live in :rolleyes:!

Ok so... Smoke some acorns and horse chestnuts, it will get you high..

Now lock me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

this is pure and utter bollocks!!

who wants to try test the law by doing what someone out up here a few days ago

we all go our local shops and buy spoons for "cooking up some smack" and secretly recording it, shop has just broke the law

also I'm still convinced if we were to buy cigarettes or rolling tobacco and make a statement against the shop for selling us a product containing the banned substance GBL we could defo make a nightmare for the garda and put pressure on the government

who's with me?

Elevator wrote: »
    we all go our local shops and buy spoons for "cooking up some smack" and secretly recording it, shop has just broke the law

I suggested this back a couple of pages.
    The cops could rightly search you and your home if you tried the spoon and smack trick.

I`m sure there are many holes in this crock of sh1te bill. Any more ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

So if I make a cake out of it, it's legal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

Shulgin wrote: »
    I suggested this back a couple of pages.
    The cops could rightly search you and your home if you tried the spoon and smack trick.

I`m sure there are many holes in this crock of sh1te bill. Any more ideas?

no ideas off the top of my head but I'm sure this will be discussed a lot this weekend so will check back at a later date

let the Garda call to my house, am I bothered!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 TheDark_Knight

so whats the story can i buy MDAT (Hex.TC.1) and benzo fury (1-(benzofuran-6-yl)propan-2-amine) meph replacement research chemicals both outside the current banned lists substances and onsale via english websites, and send it to my house for my own research ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 losh

Is the sale of cannabis seeds now illegal? :confused:

I was looking at the site of a well known Grow shop and it states that because of new laws coming next week that they have stopped stocking "souvenir cannabis seeds".

Anyone have info or thoughts on this?

Elevator wrote: »
    this is pure and utter bollocks!!

who wants to try test the law by doing what someone out up here a few days ago

also I'm still convinced if we were to buy cigarettes or rolling tobacco and make a statement against the shop for selling us a product containing the banned substance GBL we could defo make a nightmare for the garda and put pressure on the government

who's with me?

Their is exception for tobacco that I assume would allow GBL to be used in tobacco. Also Food stuffs for human consumption have to be approved by some board so no putting in a cake would not work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

losh wrote: »
    Is the sale of cannabis seeds now illegal? :confused:

I was looking at the site of a well known Grow shop and it states that because of new laws coming next week that they have stopped stocking "souvenir cannabis seeds".

Anyone have info or thoughts on this?

Not yet, but it will be when this legislation is passed (however possession will still be legal afaik).

This is one of many things in the new bill which people aren't paying much attention to (it's about much more than research chemicals).

The thing is, this isn't going to affect large-scale growing operations at all because afaik they only use cuttings anyway (to avoid potential loss of potency that could come with sexual reproduction) so they don't have to bother with seeds. Also, according to other posters on this thread, hydroponics equipment isn't that hard to make from scratch (considering these guys can hack into the electricity grid to get free power I assume they know what they're doing).

So this part of the bill is in effect going specifically after the little guy, which is the exact oposite of the way the rest of the western world seems to be going (i'm sure you all know the Czech republic recently legalised the growth of certain pschoactive plants/fungi for personal use).

Btw, The sale/importation of salvia, kratom and mescaline containing cactus will also become illegal once this bill is passed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 losh

It looks like the grow shops in the north will have a booming trade.;)

vinylmesh wrote: »
    Not yet, but it will be when this legislation is passed, as will the importation of such items (however possession will still be legal afaik).

Btw, The sale/importation of salvia, kratom, mescaline containing cactus and magic mushroom spores will also become illegal once this bill is passed.

Where in the legislation does it mention importing spores or seeds?
    I can't seem to find anything in the document on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

From the bill:
    “psychoactive substance” means a [narcotic or psychotropic] substance, product, preparation, plant, fungus or natural organism with—
    (a) the capacity to produce—
    (i) central nervous system stimulation or depression, resulting in hallucinations or a disturbance in, or significant change to, motor function, thinking, behaviour, perception, awareness or mood, or
    (ii) a state of dependence, including physical or psychological addiction,
    Note the word "product" in there i.e. it doesn't just apply to chemicals or anything else physical. It applies to anything at all causing the effects described under (i) above. Even with the exemptions, we can look forward to life without some or all of the following:
    • alarm clocks
    • LOLcats
    • Twilight (books and movies)
    • Podge & Rodge
    • iPhones
    • Justin Bieber
    • Religions (all of)
    and so on. Oh well ... :p

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement

It does say 'product' doesn`t it. That leaves this crock open wide for serious ridicule. :pac:
    bnt wrote: »
    From the bill:

Note the word "product" in there i.e. it doesn't just apply to chemicals or anything else physical. It applies to anything at all causing the effects described under (i) above. Even with the exemptions, we can look forward to life without some or all of the following:
    • alarm clocks
    • LOLcats
    • Twilight (books and movies)
    • Podge & Rodge
    • iPhones
    • Justin Bieber
    • Religions (all of)
    and so on. Oh well ... :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement