Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More on the "Psychoactive Substances" bill

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mark27

Went 3 ways on a gram and then went halves on another gram and got a line off someone so more or less a full gram! Feels grand at the start though but then the comedown or whatever you call it hits you fast and hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭juleserino

Mark27 wrote: »
    Took that 'Whack' stuff myself last Friday (May 28th) night at a party down in Wexford. Didnt come down off it or sleep the whole weekend and arrived back up in dublin Sunday night. Girlfriend called the cops twice Sunday night and Monday morning because i kept hearing and seeing a group of four fellas on the street below trying to get in the main door to my apartment block and discussing how they were going to break into my apartment and wreck the place. Severe hallucations altogether!

Cops came round about midnight and calmed me down and went away etc. (4am)Started hallucationing the second time and thought the four fellas had made it in so stuck my head out the door and could see them sitting on the stairs all wearing hoodies and watching me and all had some sort of bats/weapons. Went back in to my apartment and grabbed two big carving knifes and went out to see if they were real or not before we called the cops again. I wasnt been agreesive just checking to make sure they were real.

Next thing the same two cops appeared in front of me with their bats out and shouted at me to drop the knifes which i did immediately. (Girlfriend had called the cops a second time) Could still see them sitting on the stairs watching me so cops called an ambulance and brought me down to it. First time ever in an ambulance and hopefully the last.

Got brought to the Maher hospital, every male person that spoke, i could hear the same voice over and over again. Was in the hospital until about 2pm the next day. Had to have chat with a pyscharist about hallucations before they would give me any meds. Told me to give up the Cannabis as was bad for me etc and gave me sleeping tablets to last three nights.

Was still completly wired leaving hospital, went home and had a joint of Superskunk that evening about 8pm and it brought me straight back up on hallucations. Thought i could see a man standing outside the door smiling at me when i looked through the peephole.Looked out my kitchen window and could see the reflection of two guys sitting against my front door waiting for me to open it. Next thing i could hear someone in the bathroom and i locked the door. Rang the girlfriend and told her someone was in my place and she arrived over with her father of all ****in people. I was in a complete paranoid mess at this stage and flushed weed and everything down the toilet, still not sure why.

(Monday evening) Edventually took the two sleeping tablets and drifted off. Woke up Tuesday still in awful mess, had figured out by that stage that the weed was a psycho substance and was working with the other stuff. Had an extremly rough day Tuesday and tuesday night, really anxious and paranoid, kept looking out the windows to see if there was someone there. Took more tablets that night and work up Wednesday still wired.

Had an idea then so drank 3 litres of very hot green tea with 6 bags and then had a really hot bath. Sweated like a bastard in the bath altogether and got out feeling 50 times better. Went to sleep Wednesday night and woke up Thursday feeling almost normal. Friday then was fine, just a little bit paranoid.

Found out that two lads at the party had been brought into St Senans outside Enniscorthy and are still there so suppose im lucky enough. Anyway if there is anyone thinking of trying it and telling themselves that its going to be like coke/blow/wildcat etc its NOT and stay well away from it.

Read on the internet that its called '2D' and invented during the Vietnam war but shelved because it was two dangerous. No idea if that is actually true. Only good thing that came out of it is that ive been smoking weed for about fine years, havent smoked it now in nearly 10 days and almost feel sick at the thought of it.

One of the lads that eneded up in St Senans was only 18 and looks about 15. Couldnt believe that someone in a shop, newly opened one in Waterford had willingly handed over something so dangerous. Id love to ask him if he tried it himself before he went handing it out to pratically kids. Fair enough im old enough to make my own decisions!

Keep away!

Sounds like altogether great value

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

Went 3 ways on a gram and then went halves on another gram and got a line off someone so more or less a full gram! Feels grand at the start though but then the comedown or whatever you call it hits you fast and hard

That is way too much you lucky you dident end up worse. People seem to be putting safe doses at around 0.10g to 0.25g at the most and even then it lasts up to 2 days and the comedown is ****. Its defo one to stay away form

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

is it legal to import Nrg-1 and MDAI or are they presently covered by the bill.

On a side note,if anyone was trying something new for the first time(whack) why would they a gram and then complain they it fcuked them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭LaughOrDie

Loved Mephedrone....a bit too much. Tried that new whack a couple of weeks ago. Made the mistake of taking 1/2 gram starting off slow and then finishing with a massive line. Bad Idea.

Couldn't sleep, talk, eat, function at work. Could not stop stuttering the day after. Had uncontrollable muscle spasms in my arms and neck. Had a rough week after. That stuff is poison! Thought I was going to die.

The only bright side is I'll be thinking twice about taking anything again. So I suppose the government win in that respect, pity I had to go through hell first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

LaughOrDie wrote: »
    Loved Mephedrone....a bit too much. Tried that new whack a couple of weeks ago. Made the mistake of taking 1/2 gram starting off slow and then finishing with a massive line. Bad Idea.

Couldn't sleep, talk, eat, function at work. Could not stop stuttering the day after. Had uncontrollable muscle spasms in my arms and neck. Had a rough week after. That stuff is poison! Thought I was going to die.

The only bright side is I'll be thinking twice about taking anything again. So I suppose the government win in that respect, pity I had to go through hell first.

to be honest, why didn't you research it first? there's plenty of information out there showing naphyrone ("whack") is cardiotoxic and causes spasms. taking 500mg of a stimulant was a very unwise and risky decision.
    is it legal to import Nrg-1 and MDAI or are they presently covered by the bill.

Don't quote me in court, but they are not cathinones or covered by the bill. NRG-1/naph is a pyrovalerone and MDAI is an aminoindane.

Read on the internet that its called '2D' and invented during the Vietnam war but shelved because it was two dangerous. No idea if that is actually true. Only good thing that came out of it is that ive been smoking weed for about fine years, havent smoked it now in nearly 10 days and almost feel sick at the thought of it.

did you read that on bluelight? that sounds like the sort of delusion one would come up with while high and watching "Jacob's ladder". Of course it's not true. stick to the agent orange man!

Shulgin wrote: »
    When the UK changes their views and laws on recreational drug use then our lot in power might follow on.

Fixed that for you. Brazil, Portugal and the Czech Republic have already abandoned prosecuting drug users. Most of continental Europe don't prosecute cannabis use. The US and the UK are the ones to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

Fixed that for you. Brazil, Portugal and the Czech Republic have already abandoned prosecuting drug users. Most of continental Europe don't prosecute cannabis use. The US and the UK are the ones to watch.

Weed might be "legal" in 2 states soon. Up in their next ballots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭LaughOrDie

to be honest, why didn't you research it first? there's plenty of information out there showing naphyrone ("whack") is cardiotoxic and causes spasms. taking 500mg of a stimulant was a very unwise and risky decision.

The reason I didn't research it was because it was an impulse decision to take it. I was out and about, having a few drinks, not near a computer. A friend of mine had tried it, said it was good but left you a bit shaky the next day. I wasn't to worried about what he said as most intoxicants leave you a bit shaky the next day. Having tried various powders, legal and otherwise, I really didn't expect what was going to happen especially after what I foolishly saw as a small amount.

Lesson learned, as you said it was a very unwise and risky decision. To be honest, even if I had read the reviews online I may well have still taken it. I remember reading bad things about mephedrone and only ever had a good time on it myself. Plus all the horror stories you hear about other drugs and again I only had positive experiences.

Even as I wrote that I know how stupid and naive it sounds. Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Its the chance you take, and I won't be chancing it again anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

If fairness if you pay for a drug called whack you should expect one..

LaughOrDie wrote: »
    The reason I didn't research it was because it was an impulse decision to take it. I was out and about, having a few drinks, not near a computer. A friend of mine had tried it, said it was good but left you a bit shaky the next day. I wasn't to worried about what he said as most intoxicants leave you a bit shaky the next day. Having tried various powders, legal and otherwise, I really didn't expect what was going to happen especially after what I foolishly saw as a small amount.

Lesson learned, as you said it was a very unwise and risky decision. To be honest, even if I had read the reviews online I may well have still taken it. I remember reading bad things about mephedrone and only ever had a good time on it myself. Plus all the horror stories you hear about other drugs and again I only had positive experiences.

Even as I wrote that I know how stupid and naive it sounds. Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Its the chance you take, and I won't be chancing it again anytime soon.

Well I'm glad you were OK in the end! I suppose in a way it's no worse than "yokes" which contain god knows what and cannot be researched easily with any great certainty, except I suppose that it only contains a limited amount of god-knows-what.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Hammered hippie

@laughordie

The government win indeed in that way.
    It was them who banned all the save(r) alternatives.
    They knew demand wasn't going to disappear just because Joe Duffy says its bad so what did the government expect.
    That people were now going to live like little angels.
    When alcohol got banned in the past in other countries it also gave rise to the appearance of all kinds of odd and often dangerous concoctions.
    Blame the government for their stupidity here. They could have put regulation into place to regulate head shops eons ago.
    But no...Joe Duffy says ban so it is a ban!

****!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Hammered hippie

Xanphia wrote: »
    I have yet to see anyone in the news papers or speaking nationally against this legislation as a whole. Where are the Alternative Traders Association? What are they doing? Not much by the looks of things. I'm officially giving up. No one is ever going to have a common sense approach to drugs in this country and speak in public about it. There is nothing we can do about it unfortunately. No one is actually going to protest because of the stigma attached to drug use and fear of losing their jobs. The Anti Headshop brigade are there to protest and the government hears them and thinks that this is the way the whole country feels. I think its SICK that we are bending over and letting them screw our civil rights. Truth is most people in Ireland are way to conservative to handle something like this. Whats really funny to me is people actually think by making these substances illegal that little Johnny and Mary wont be able to get their hands on it. In fact it will be easier for them to get because Drug Dealers don't ask for I.D.

Dear Xanphia.
    What the government is doing right now is against the constitution and against fundamental rights laid down in for instance the Lisbon Treaty. It comes down to a complete denial of democratic rights of anyone who is a head shop customer, employee or owner.
    The government is downright saying they want head shops to go out of business. They are agressive and biased towards head shops and they know it and don't give a ****. Head Shops have not broken laws here but are intentionally destroyed by the government for no other reasons than their destruction (and ofcourse to get votes and to appear tough)
    Completetly undemocratic and lawless.
    Face it. No one in this country has any rights at all when it comes to them in power trying to remain in power. And head shops are a political football at the moment. So no one will be even allowed to stand up for head shops. And the politicians don't give a **** about human or democratic rights...they only want to stay in power and lick Joe Duffy's behind in a bid to get votes.
    Fighting against it is nearly useless and dangerous as Ireland is no more than a borderline dictatorship. Honestly!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Shulgin wrote: »
    Tobacco and alcohol,foods,poisons are all exempt of course.
    Pipes, bongs, cultivation supplies are all in this. Scary stuff.
    So, what, anyone growing any sort of veg will now be labelled a terrorist?

=-=

Green rizla are great for rolling if walking home in the dark, as you can feel which side is which by the rounded edges. Other than thet, blue rizla. Does anyone know what the white rizla is like? Saw it in a few newsagents.
    Read on the internet that its called '2D'
    The effects sound like "double zero", which is hash dipped in acid. Unless you have taken acid before, you can get very serious trips, and, as such, if you are not in the "right mood" when taking it, can f**k you up.

=-=

Finally, before the headshops were banned, how many of the drugs that they sold were banned due to long term effects being found out a year or so after they hit the street? How many were "fit for human consumption", and which ones were tested on humans before their release to the market?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Would alcohol 30%+ in the wrong hands be considered a Psychoactive Substance??? If so then Alcohol Spirits need to be Outlawed because thats mind altering... I figure if the Government are going to ban all those things they may aswel do it right.

Leave Beer alone doh thats harmless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Arrogance

the_syco wrote: »
    The effects sound like "double zero", which is hash dipped in acid. Unless you have taken acid before, you can get very serious trips, and, as such, if you are not in the "right mood" when taking it, can f**k you up.

No such thing. LSD degrades at anything above room temperture so putting a flame anywhere near it will cause it to evaporate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Arrogance wrote: »
    No such thing. LSD degrades at anything above room temperture so putting a flame anywhere near it will cause it to evaporate.
    And what do you do when smoke hash? inhale. evaporated LSD sucked into lungs.

simples.

Teutorix wrote: »
    And what do you do when smoke hash? inhale. evaporated LSD sucked into lungs.

simples.

No. LSD is destroyed by heat, like it is also destroyed by light, oxygen and chlorine (via oxidation I think). You cannot smoke LSD.

Everyone should note that naphyrone being sold at the moment might not even be naphyrone, but MDPV (methylenedioxypyrovalerone).

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I've no idea. All I do know is that when "double zero" came out, it was sold at a lower price than "normal" hash, but news of a few who I knew who did this said that the trip they experienced was a stoned acid trip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 pelacho

LOL at salvia still dodging bullets in a lot of countries

This new whack/naphyrone tho..tread very carefully with that. get yourself a digital scales if you're going to indulge that stuff. eyeballing it could equal serious bad time.

the_syco wrote: »
    I've no idea. All I do know is that when "double zero" came out, it was sold at a lower price than "normal" hash, but news of a few who I knew who did this said that the trip they experienced was a stoned acid trip.

Different ratios of cannabinoids produce different experiences, including tripping as they are psychedelics after all. It definitely wasn't LSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

pelacho wrote: »

This new whack/naphyrone tho..tread very carefully with that. get yourself a digital scales if you're going to indulge that stuff. eyeballing it could equal serious bad time.
    is salvia still legal here?

Teutorix wrote: »
    is salvia still legal here?

It is.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

SIX PACK wrote: »
    If so then Alcohol Spirits need to be Outlawed because thats mind altering...
    From what I hear something like half the serving FF TDs own pubs. They're the most powerful criminals in Ireland so I don't see anyone cutting in on their turff.
    pelacho wrote: »
    Because that stuff probably scares more people away from drugs than anything. Crazy, scary stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭AKA pat sheen

Everyone should note that naphyrone being sold at the moment might not even be naphyrone, but MDPV (methylenedioxypyrovalerone).

It's true. It doesn't say if this stuff was bought on the street or from a shop, but if it came from a shop surely a high profile bust would have followed

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mark27

the_syco - Double 0 is not hash dipped in acid. Its when you take a cannabis plant and shake it, its the first layer of THC crystals that comes off it so its hash in its purest form.

Soap bar is when the Double 0 is mixed in with a load of other crap by english and irish gang/**** sters in Spain and then sold throughout he reublic of ireland

they only want to stay in power and lick Joe Duffy's behind in a bid to get votes.
    Fighting against it is nearly useless and dangerous as Ireland is no more than a borderline dictatorship. Honestly!

people in Ireland generally appear to love the smell of Joe Duffys arse. He's the president in Ireland or something, isn't he?

"My Hole", a new fragrance brought to you by J. Duffy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭barrackali

All I see here is small-minded immature remarks, get over it...these headshops are finished. It's not just Joe feckin Duffy that got these scum shop products banned, it's ordinary people. I'm not happy that drug dealers are going to benefit from this but I will never support legalizing the dangerous sh*te that these headshops have been selling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement