Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Draft Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

SlickRic wrote: »
    she's more than welcome in the game, but i have a feeling she won't be as regular as some of us on here.

so we may have to be patient, if people are willing!
    She came over and posted here and I checked her posts and low and behold she has posted 4 times elsewhere since then so thats why I ranted in the pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

she's more than welcome in the game, but i have a feeling she won't be as regular as some of us on here.

so we may have to be patient, if people are willing!

I think that's why the last one was limited to SF regulars, to avoid exactly this kind of problem.

Just got a pm back, she pulled out, said that she emailed Volt to say that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

eagle eye wrote: »
    Just got a pm back, she pulled out, said that she emailed Volt to say that.

have we anyone who wants to take up the mantle?

someone will be in line for a brilliant start.

i don't care who of my top 2 i get really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,846 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sorry all if I delayed I pulled out :o good luck all

Necronomicon was the only other person that applied, in this thread actually.

I'll pm that person now.

Necronomicon is online at the moment and pm sent.

How about Slick starts it off now and whoever the new person is goes in last?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Frisbee wrote: »
    How about Slick starts it off now and whoever the new person is goes in last?

agreed. On the condition he doesn't pick who i want to pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Cheers for the pm eagle eye.

Are we starting now? I hadn't read the rules before requesting a drop-out spot :o I'm happy to let SlicRic get the ball rolling if he wants, but I'm here all day if I could be give half an hour to pick/do a write up etc!

• Advertisement

Are we starting now? I hadn't read the rules before requesting a drop-out spot :o I'm happy to let SlicRic get the ball rolling if he wants, but I'm here all day if I could be give half an hour to pick/do a write up etc!

Cool well then just take Liz's place and you get the ball rolling.

I think we have to give you a bit of time in fairness. You only heard about it now. It would be unfair not to let you have the first pick since its not your fault that we have been kept waiting.

Cool, write up is on the way :)

I'd also suggest implementing the 24hr time limit to take your pick in the firs round. Otherwise it will be anarchy...

nah, i think fair is fair.

if Necro had been in from the start, he'd have been in Liz's place and had 1st pick. he shouldn't really be punished for that as that's not his fault.

i vote we wait for Necro to make his pick first, and i'll go, as originally planned, second.

nah, i think fair is fair.

if Necro had been in from the start, he'd have been in Liz's place and had 1st pick. he shouldn't really be punished for that as that's not his fault.

i vote we wait for Necro to make his pick first, and i'll go, as originally planned, second.

Yeah that's what I was saying.

But I'm saying we should still all only have 24hrs to make our pick as opposed to last night when Voltwad suggested that there be no timie limit on picks this round.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's what I was saying.

But I'm saying we should still all only have 24hrs to make our pick as opposed to last night when Voltwad suggested that there be no timie limit on picks this round.

cool, i agree.

sorry my post wasn't in reply to yours at all. i was writing mine while 3 of you posted at the same time!

Over to you Ric!

it's on you whatawaster.

delighted with Xavi.

a very tough decision though.

i hadn't even considered Messi being available, so the thought genuinely didn't cross my mind!

Lol @ Necronomicon and his 'this wasn't an easy pick':pac:

It was the easiest pick in the game imo.

Slickric had the tough choice, I think you made the right pick but its very close. For me before any picks were made I felt that the first pick was never in quesion but that there were two players that it was tight between for the second pick and I'm certain the other one of them will be picked as no.3.

In the last game of this lads we pm'd the next guy on the list to let him know he was on the clock. I think its a good idea if we make that a rule.

• Advertisement

can i put in a request to sticky the picks thread?

i know that might be tough considering there's a few in the SF, but it might be handy to have it in as full view as possible.

pick made. pm sent

Lol @ Necronomicon and his 'this wasn't an easy pick':pac:

It was the easiest pick in the game imo.

See, strategically I had been thinking that the other contestants would try to discredit the choice because he hasn't reproduced his Barca form for Argentina. But you're right, it's still Lionel mother****ing Messi :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What's the story on players who pull out before the tournament begins and who get replaced by someone?

Can we still pick them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

What's the story on players who pull out before the tournament begins and who get replaced by someone?

Can we still pick them?
    If they're in the original squad I see no reason why they should be excluded.

I'd agree with the whole PM'ing the next person in line as a courtesy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

I'd agree with the whole PM'ing the next person in line as a courtesy

Sorry Frisbee :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Should the pick thread be stickied?It's going to fall off the 1st page and maybe 2nd otherwise

How on earth have we got stuck again. Like its a 3 player choice at most, it hardly takes this long to pick one of three?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Voltwad wrote: »
    If they're in the original squad I see no reason why they should be excluded.

So how are we dealing with the Rio/Dawson situation? Just include them both? This issue will pass anyway once the tournament starts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Lads ive made a decision to pull out because tbh i haven't a clue how to play and id rather just watch this one and see how it is done first then maybe the next draft i will participate, apologies not letting ye know earlier, hopefully ye can get someone else to take my place.

Nobody else was looking to get in from what I've read, Necronomicon looked to be added if somebody pulled out in this thread so that list of subs is exhausted. I think we should just move on and not look to add anybody else anyways.

Its actually just as easy to continue, there will be a preliminary round to get it down to sixteen, we don't need even numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Nobody else was looking to get in from what I've read, Necronomicon looked to be added if somebody pulled out in this thread so that list of subs is exhausted. I think we should just move on and not look to add anybody else anyways.

Its actually just as easy to continue, there will be a preliminary round to get it down to sixteen, we don't need even numbers.

I'd say we should see if someone wants the spot before the end of the first round, no point in losing numbers this early in the game.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I'd say we should see if someone wants the spot before the end of the first round, no point in losing numbers this early in the game.
    Its not a big deal, ideally 16 would have been the number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Eagle eye, you're going to burst a blood vessel before this is over.

How on earth have we got stuck again. Like its a 3 player choice at most, it hardly takes this long to pick one of three?

I was in work, will have my pick up soon enough.

The 24 hour limit is there for a reason as we all have a life outside of the internet.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Eagle eye, you're going to burst a blood vessel before this is over.
    lol, no not at all. Just trying to keep it moving is all.

Can't believe no one has picked Hogan or Flair yet tbh.:eek:

I just knew Frisbee would pick him. :(

Now I have a headache over 2 guys but I will have my pick up soon so don't worry eagle eye. ;)

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    Can't believe no one has picked Hogan or Flair yet tbh.:eek:
    I can just see him arguing with Howard Webb for sending him off having put Ronaldo in a figure four leg lock.

I just knew Frisbee would pick him. :(

Now I have a headache over 2 guys but I will have my pick up soon so don't worry eagle eye. ;)

It was a very tough one for me, was between three players and spent my entire shift in Work thinking about the pro's and con's and Rooney pipped it.

Voltwad wrote: »
    I can just see him arguing with Howard Webb for sending him off having put Ronaldo in a figure four leg lock.

Can you imagine how much of a diver Flair would be. :pac:

Imagine Jimmy Magee "Young Richard Flair, the dirtiest player in the game.":pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Still think the 24 hour limit is too long, doubt this will be done before the world cup starts.

There are 2 players i literally can't believe haven't been picked yet

titan18 wrote: »
    Still think the 24 hour limit is too long, doubt this will be done before the world cup starts.

12 probably would have been better alright.

• Advertisement

12 once we settle into things i'd say - once the first round is out of the way.

I wouldn't be in favour of 12 hours, especially in the summer. I'm a night owl so If I pick at 3am and someone isn't online until the following day when they get home from work, they are screwed.

Just wondering about the order guys - I know the second round starts with the last person to pick in the first; but does the third round start with the last person who picked in the second (i.e. me)?

Just wondering about the order guys - I know the second round starts with the last person to pick in the first; but does the third round start with the last person who picked in the second (i.e. me)?
    Correctamundo

Quick question on the rules:
    With regards to assessing someone else’s team, you should take into account their performance at international level as well as their league form in the run up to the tournament.

Do we just take into account their league form this season?

• Advertisement
Advertisement