Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euroteam - credit card charge back

Options
  • 03-06-2010 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I have recently made a terrible mistake,
    I was attempting to buy tickets for the rugby world cup and i logged on tot the website: rugbyworldcup2011.com, however this was not the official website. The official website is rugbyworldcup.com. It interacted and worked the same way right down to the way i selected the matches and venues, complete with confirmation email.

I had expected to pay aropund €1200 but instead a figure similar to this in dollars appeared and i thought it was fine. I wasnt paying attention and what i was actually agreeing to was four times this amount.

These guys operate from norway and do not have match tickets. Its a scam. I have paid for tickets that they do not have. I have written to the bank with all details and correspondence and a dispute has been placed on the transaction.

First, i fully appreciate its my fault and i took the eye off the ball. However, the bank have told me that if the tickets are not delivered i will get my money back. The tickets are not due for delivery for another year, so il have to wait for that to have any chance.

If anyone has any advice on this it would be appreciated. Is there anything else i can do. These guys are a complete fraud. Does anyone have any information on my likely chances of success. Im pretty pissed over this.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Chase your bank and see if they can speed up their investigation, in saying that sadly you may have to wait for them not to turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Let the bank know that the tickets won't come until next year. I say this, as most places have a max time for allowing chargebacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Looks like page is not longer there it redirects to a landing page from GoDaddy.com , so you should try contacting you credit card company again and maybe the garda's too to report it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

surely under european distance selling rules you have the right to cancel within 14 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

91011 wrote: »
    surely under european distance selling rules you have the right to cancel within 14 days?

Scammers tend to ignore the D.S.R. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,681 ✭✭✭Trampas

Domain Name: RUGBYWORLDCUP2011.COM
    Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
    Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
    Name Server: NS03.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    Name Server: NS04.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    Updated Date: 24-jan-2010
    Creation Date: 23-jan-2003
    Expiration Date: 23-jan-2011