Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Left click opening properties. Right click not working. Keyboard not working

• 03-06-2010 5:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Pauleeeeeeee

Have no idea what's going on here but hopefully someone can help me out.

For some reason if I click on any icon with the left mouse button the icon/folder's properties window comes up. The right mouse click brings up the menu it usually would for a split second before disappearing again.

If I click on the start button it flashes up for a split second and then disappears again.
    If I try to press the windows keybon the keyboard nothing happens. If I try to type anything the cursor just goes a bit mental and nothing happens. I plugged out every USB device including keyboard and mouse and tried to see of I could do anything with my waxom graphics tablet. The same thing is happening even with just that. Tried numerous restarts but still having the same issue. I literally can't do a thing with the computer right now.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭RogerThis

Did you try a different keyboard? It is probably a stuck key that's causing your problem.

are your keys stuck down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Pauleeeeeeee

Nah lads, was nothing to do with the keyboard. Even if I disconnected it completely I'd still have problems with the mouse and the wacom.

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting each one individually to see if they'd work on their own but none did. It was like there was a key on my keyboard stuck down...but not.
    Weird.

Anyway, I went ahead and formatted the hard drive because I couldn't figure it out and I'm an impatient feck. It needed it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Anyway, I went ahead and formatted the hard drive because I couldn't figure it out and I'm an impatient feck. It needed it anyway.

wow bit extreme but whatever works i guess....

Advertisement