Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECONOMETRICS HELP

• 03-06-2010 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey,
    I'm doing a thesis which requires a lot of econometric analysis and I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in doing it? Obviously there would be a fee attached so please get in touch if you are! Thanks

Comments

So you want someone to do the econometrics in your thesis?
    I'm pretty sure whatever university you go to wouldn't really appreciate that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

You are joking, right?

If you're not fit to do your thesis, then you don't deserve the piece of paper you'll get.

I'm sorry, but I think you should spend a day learning econometric's and then write about it. You'll learn far more, save money, and you'll be doing yourself justice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

spend a day learning econometric's

And today I'm going to learn how to be a physicist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

And today I'm going to learn how to be a physicist!

Ya coz thats the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

BESman wrote: »
    Ya coz thats the same.

Find me anyone who can learn econometrics in a day without hiring anyone to teach it to them and I shall fill your hand with silver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Find me anyone who can learn econometrics in a day without hiring anyone to teach it to them and I shall fill your hand with silver.

I think it is fairly obvious that he would have already done Econometrics and it is the Stata aspect we are looking at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

You'll learn more econometrics in a day than you will working for a day to pay someone to write about it.

Hence is the point.

I cannot pay someone to do my driving test, leaving certificate, eye test, etc.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Aside from being unethical, surely it's a bit stupid to pay someone else for vital work the accuracy of which you're clearly unqualified to check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

It's the same as me doing all of the research for my thesis and then asking somebody else to analyse the sources and write the 80,000 words for me. Not the best idea in the world.

OP, would you be able to check the work they did for you to ensure they did it properly? If not, then you've a problem.

Advertisement