Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To any Joomla or CMS equivalent developers out there.

Options
  • 03-06-2010 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

Im ok with Joomla, i know my way around it and have built a few sites using it but never for money(i.e family, friends or recreational). Ive been asked to build a site for a friend of a friend which is great and should be easy enough by the sounds of what they're looking for but i have no clue whatsoever to charge them. I do need money but theres no way im going to charge that much for something that is probably only going to take me a day or two to do.

Can anyone tell me general prices for this kind of work to use as a grounding point?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

Estimate a time frame that suits you and set an hourly rate.

The more efficient and experienced you are the more you can charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

It really depends on the spec.

Given that it's your first professional job, I'd be wary about hourly pricing. You may have a steep learning curve that's unfair to pass on to the customer.

You might find the discussion on this thread useful.

Advertisement