Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the Internet like?

Options
  • 03-06-2010 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Anyone using the plug in internets from 02, meteor or vodafone in Kilkenny?? Whats the speed like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

it works grand on em all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 VEXERZ

have o2 and 3 the 3 one is dyke it cuts off every now and then

if you have a mobile with 3 reception and you are getting any signal then yea there worth the buy

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

I nearly pissed myself when I read this thread title! :D

Thought I was gonna get to say something like, "Welcome to the internet, 'tis alright so it is!".

But no. How disappointing. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

VEXERZ wrote: »
    have o2 and 3 the 3 one is dyke it cuts off every now and then

if you have a mobile with 3 reception and you are getting any signal then yea there worth the buy

3 was terrible. Both in Internet connection and Customer Service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

From personal experience and those of other users I know, the Vodafone, O2 and Eircom (think it might be Meteor??? - the stick was branded Eircom anyway) sticks work fine though they'd never be anything to write home about. Unless things have changed dramatically in the world of 3 since I was unfortunate enough to be a user of their "fraudband", keep well away from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

think i will borrow 02 modem from shop... and true to form i am hearing 3 is sh1t! thanks all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

think i will borrow 02 modem from shop... and true to form i am hearing 3 is sh1t! thanks all

Their business practices is enough to keep miles away from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I had the 02, signal wasn't great, Vodafone - dire, Meteor best of a bad lot.
    I'm out in the Shticks down in South Kilkenny, the Meteor is sufficient for downloading mails/browsing net but not good for looking at content on youtube (ridiculously slow) and any downloads take a fortnight to 3 weeks to download :rolleyes:

I've used it closer to town and found it pretty much the same, not much faster.
    Its not actually receiving 'broadband' signal, its 'Edge' signal that its receiving.

A friend of mine had the 3 modem, he's in town and signal was ok, think he was happy enough with it.

Advertisement