Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Anonymous" Member Sentenced in Crime Against Scientology

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Don't make much of it to be honest. Seems like an open and shut vandalism case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Personally, I have always supported the actions of Anonymous against Scientology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Tried to click the link, but WOT (Web of Trust) gave me red card. Comments claim that its a scientology propaganda site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,495 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Religious Freedom Watch is a Scientology front.

Hence all the "Hate group" bull****.

http://www.religiousfreedomwatch.org/anti-religious-extremists/

Almost all of the people "Anti-Religious Extremists list" is a Scientology critic.

http://www.religiousfreedomwatch.org/anti-religious-extremists/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Almahadin smeared himself with a mixture of Vaseline, nail clippings and pubic hairs donated by other members of the Anonymous hate group, ran into the New York Church just off Times Square and desecrated the Church

Wow, I have no idea the details of the case, and the fact that it's coming from such an obvious front for the "Church" makes me doubt it's accuracy.
    But I cannot stop laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

I know. Its actually hilarious attempt from Scientology at being "hard done by" :rolleyes:. Whats the matter lads? Xenu ignorin you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

I thought it was a little strange to see Anonymous referred to as a 'hate' group, but it makes sense if they're a Scientologist front. I suddenly don't believe a word of the article now. Isn't that funny.

That church looks so trippy, by the way. It's like a Catholic church on acid!

That church looks so trippy, by the way. It's like a Catholic church on acid!

I've no love for the Catholic Church. But that's simply not the case.

King Mob wrote: »
    I've no love for the Catholic Church. But that's simply not the case.

Really? It's got that whole churchy feel going on, but it's decorated in a really scifi-ish way, with that skylight and weird pattern on the end wall.

Looks pretty psychedelic to me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭2manyconditions

I'm grossed out at the whole vasaline nail clippings and pubic hair donations. :eek:

Dedication by the person carrying out the vandelism. I feel sick.

Do they really have 8,500 churches - is there a figure on number of members?

• Advertisement

Really? It's got that whole churchy feel going on, but it's decorated in a really scifi-ish way, with that skylight and weird pattern on the end wall.

Looks pretty psychedelic to me anyway.

Whoops. I thought you meant THE church.

My bad.
    :o

I'm grossed out at the whole vasaline nail clippings and pubic hair donations. :eek:

Dedication by the person carrying out the vandelism. I feel sick.

According to wiki, the church itself claimed to have about 8 million members in 2007, but a survey conducted in '08 estimated about 25,000 self-identified members. Make of that what you will...

They claim about 8 million.
    But there's no proper number AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I believe the problem in counting is that they have a few semi-transparent fronts, CCHR being the one I've heard of at least, which is a group dedicated to defaming Psychology and Psychiatry and those who practise it (a shady "religion" not wanting it's members ever seeking Psychiatric help, how noble :P).

A lot of the "member" count would be people who got involved with those groups and may or may not have remained when/if they found the connection with the Church.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    I believe the problem in counting is that they have a few semi-transparent fronts, CCHR being the one I've heard of at least, which is a group dedicated to defaming Psychology and Psychiatry and those who practise it (a shady "religion" not wanting it's members ever seeking Psychiatric help, how noble :P)
    There's also the equally Orwellian New Cult Awareness Network, which they bought out after driving the old one to bankruptcy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_Awareness_Network

So frankly, they really deserve a dude from the internet running into their offices covered in pubes and rubbing himself on everything...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

pppfft... He's not Anonymous, he has a name...

If you asked anonymous if it was a hate group you'd get a number of replies ... From, Internet hate machine! to, I wanna be a fire engine! It's like punching smoke... No you're like smoking punch... And then there was cats.
    So yeah... the real reason anonymous can't be called a hate group is because it's not really a group at all...

Ideally it's a manifestation of collective will, which cannot be led or driven but that's frankly bull...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

kiffer wrote: »
    pppfft... He's not Anonymous, he has a name...

If you asked anonymous if it was a hate group you'd get a number of replies ... From, Internet hate machine! to, I wanna be a fire engine! It's like punching smoke... No you're like smoking punch... And then there was cats.
    So yeah... the real reason anonymous can't be called a hate group is because it's not really a group at all...

Ideally it's a manifestation of collective will, which cannot be led or driven but that's frankly bull...

Internet superheroes! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭2manyconditions

I remember seeing something on youtube a conspiracy theory where they try to kill someone who tries to leave the religion. In fairness, they have a church in a fairy central area of Toronto, Canada, so they must be fairly wealthy crew.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

they must be fairly wealthy crew.
    Well they're not in it for their health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

The Church and its members dedicate their time and resources to numerous humanitarian programs that Scientology has become known for around the world, including combating drug abuse, immorality, illiteracy, and human rights violations.

The ironing is delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

w6uu12.jpg

While I support his actions, can't really argue against the verdict.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Now Scientology will flyer his neighbourhood saying they are living near a convicted felon.

Advertisement