Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Army SVD review request

• 03-06-2010 7:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

hi all,

As some other snipers would know about and possibly be anticipating, the CA SVD is hitting the Irish airsoft market. Has anyone got it yet, or have anything to say about it?

Cheers,

Price

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

believe holite still has his

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Yep have one. Lovely piece. Hop-up needs some work is all. I replaced the stock rubber with guarder silicon hop as the stock rubber was having little effect. Did the trick nicely. Very easy to remove the barrel and get at the hop.

Spare mags are hard to get but I got three from http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/classic-army-magazine-for-svd-40-rnd

Bought my SVD from Airsofteire http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=558&category_id=23&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

Sorry looks like they are now out of stock.

Got a real steel scope from http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/rifle-scopes/posp/svd-psl-tigr-romak-3/posp-6x42-w-black-finish-1000-meter-rangefinder-rifle-scope-sks-svd-version.html

Finally heres a pic of my pride and joy :-)

CA_SVD1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CaptainPrice

Now thats what I'm talkin about! But unfortunately, I wont be able to come up with 500 squid to get one at this point. (sigh) life as a ninja...

But thanks for the reply and sharing the pic of it. It looks absolutely WICKED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Are the internals proprietary or similar to on the CA sr25 series do ye know?

Gears, piston and bits like that, I'm sure the GB shell is unique, I'd only be worried about replacing parts down the road after they wear out.

Whats the finish like compared to real steel also if one of you guys know, and is it steel or alloy build, thanks :D

@ Stercus

I'm not uber technical and changing out the hopup rubber is as far as my skills go I don't open gearboxes. However I'm told that the gearbox is either the same as or closely related to the CA M14 so parts and upgrades should be easier to source than the real sword. In saying that from what I've seen in pics the real sword seems to edge it in looks.

Authenticity with real steel again sorry never had the pleasure to examine the real deal up close. A friend of mine shot one on his Stag in Budapest. McShape if you'd care to comment :)

• Advertisement

Did a quick test with magnet.

Lower receiver not magnetic so presumably its aluminium or alloy

Top receiver cover magnetic presumably steel

Barrel non magnetic

Flash hider non-magnetic

Magazine magnetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The newer russian weapons tend to have black satin finishes, I can't be sure with the dragunovs as I'm less familiar with them than AK's. I like steel content, and realistic finishes, and was tempted by the CA dragunov.

It looks fairly close to the finish though.

Probably not something I would buy, but I can dream :) Lovely AEG, I could imagine it with a lipo and mosfet! Would you consider a bipod, I think there is an ACM one for the A&K dragunov, would top it off nicely.

Edit: http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1802 < Bipod, 40$, you cant say no to that.

Advertisement