Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ballina / foxford - fishing query?

Options
  • 03-06-2010 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

lads, im looking for some advice......im going to be in around ballina and foxford on monday and im hoping to do some fishing for salmon, ive just bought the licence but im new to the river fishing, thus i wont have a fly rod with me.........can someone give me advice where best to head for some spinning and worming for a salmon around this area? where will get my permit and how much?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭wgsten

If you are in Ballina drop in to the Ridge Pool tackle shop it is just beside the Cathedral. Gary in there will be able to give you where and what is fishing best. He is always very helpful and spot on with advice. If you are in Foxford call into Tiernan Bros. tackle shop you will get all the advice and help for that general area from the lads in there.
    wgsten

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

wgsten wrote: »
    If you are in Ballina drop in to the Ridge Pool tackle shop it is just beside the Cathedral. Gary in there will be able to give you where and what is fishing best. He is always very helpful and spot on with advice. If you are in Foxford call into Tiernan Bros. tackle shop you will get all the advice and help for that general area from the lads in there.
    wgsten

get a day ticket and fish the foxford salmon anglers waters tiernans will sell the tickets, (get the ticket you will be asked to produce it) the area around the horse shoe bends etc is slow and deep well suited to bait fishing, theres a good pool just up from the carpark. you wont need a fly rod on that stretch, spinning black and red flying cs work well, i would stay below foxford as you need to know the east mayo water to fish that properly. as the river is low and with the moy some fish will always run in low conditions so there's always a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

All depends on where the fish are. Then buy a ticket for that stretch.

Advertisement