Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Look Interview Help

• 03-06-2010 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Hi ladies (and gentlemen) of the fashion and appearance forum, some help needed please! I have a job interview in New Look tomorow and I'm not sure what to wear. It's stuck in my head that I have to wear something fashionable because it's a clothes shop but I'm worried that I will underdress. I would rather overdress than underdress!
    Basically I'm just wondering about your ideas about what to wear. I searched and found stuff about an interview for River Island but i think they are different types of shops.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm guessing you're a guy by your username :pac:

I don't think you can go wrong with a nice pair of dark wash jeans and a shirt. Maybe wear a tshirt under the shirt for a layered look.

Also, New Look and River Island are similar enough, New Look stuff just isn't as tight ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

Whoops I forgot to mention that I am using my very generous boyfriends account. He is going to kill me if I make people believe he is a female!

Sorry about that! Silly me:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

lol!

Alright well for a girl interview stuff is much better. I'd say check their website for the general trends right now - Maxi dresses and florals are very popular in New Look :)

I think for the interview they probably want to see how well you dress yourself so don't overthink it!

How about a floral skirt, a plain vest and a cardigan/blazer? For shoes I'd say closed toe flats (or heels if you can walk in them, unlike me :P). Keep it Summery!

Oh also the River Island comment works for both sexes, the stuff in there is SUPER tight!

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 olgis

Maybe you could pick up on the nautical trend,could be keeping with the interview, nice blazer jacker,floral or silk shirt, pencil skirt, wedges or ankle boots:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Personally I would wear something formal like a black skirt and top or shirt to show you are serious about it, however maybe people who work in clothes shops can advise better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

olgis wrote: »
    Maybe you could pick up on the nautical trend,could be keeping with the interview, nice blazer jacker,floral or silk shirt, pencil skirt, wedges or ankle boots:)

I second this! I work in a shop very similar to New Look and whenever we are interviewing, the person who makes an effort to show off their sense of style definitely gets noticed, more so than the person wearing a suit. That's just from my experience anyway. Good luck with the interview :)

Advertisement