Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poured concrete - any rough idea of cost?

Options
  • 03-06-2010 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct forum, apologies if it is not!
    Could anyone give me a rough idea of how much I should expect to pay for 7 cubic yards of poured concrete?

Its just to pave a gravel area at the back of the house for junior to have as play area when she's a bit older.
    I keep meaning to call the local concrete place for a quote but keep remembering after 6pm when they're closed :rolleyes:

If anyone could give me even a ball park figure of what I should expect to pay I would really appreciate it :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct forum, apologies if it is not!
    Could anyone give me a rough idea of how much I should expect to pay for 7 cubic yards of poured concrete?

Its just to pave a gravel area at the back of the house for junior to have as play area when she's a bit older.
    I keep meaning to call the local concrete place for a quote but keep remembering after 6pm when they're closed :rolleyes:

If anyone could give me even a ball park figure of what I should expect to pay I would really appreciate it :)

The concrete will cost 540 for 7 meters..well thats what i paid 2 weeks ago for it.

Is there access around the back for a cement lorry?

edit: I see you say yards, thats a little less of an amount

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Thanks a million snyper, I appreciate the reply :) at least it gives me an idea of roughly what I'm looking at for the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

It also depends on the strength of the concrete it goes from 10Newton to 60N. Your job would need around 35N. Why don't you ring a few concrete companies for a price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

OP, the price you have there is for a delivery of wet concrete left in a heap in your yard. You'll need to allow a bit extra for labour for preparation work and pouring and levelling, etc. Don't forget that, depending on accessability to your yard, you may also need a truck with a conveyor, which would add approx €100 to the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I FINALLY remembered to ring the concrete place, but typical I rang at about 4:30 so the guys that look after the prices had finished up for the weekend, hoping to get a price on Tuesday.

I already checked about the extension hose thing on the truck and it'll fit around the side of the house & will be recruiting the husband and brother in law to make the frame to contain it and to spread/smoothen it out.

I'm hoping to be the one looking out from the kitchen with a cuppa 'supervising' :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement