Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best mobile broadband ennis,co. clare

• 03-06-2010 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

best mobile broadband ennis,co. clare
    i currently have meteor broadband, n it just aint great frown.gif i only have edge coverage not even 2g coverage. so any ideas what mobile broadband has the best coverage in ennis ???best mobile broadband ennis,co. clare

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I have meteor too and its pretty ok

835666115.png

Whatever you do, dont go o2..

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

Whatever you do, dont go o2..

For all networks it depends really on where your located and how close to a mast you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

It very much depends on where you are located. Certain providers have better coverage in certain areas. Plus, speed is effected by the number of other subscribers using the same mast you are.

I know when 3 first offered the wireless broadband it was good for a few weeks, then everyone in town had it and it slowed to a crawl. However a few miles out of town it was good - less users out there.

The same holds true today. It's a crap shoot really.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

As people are saying it depends where you are. Most of the mobile providers allow you a month's free trial, try them all out.

Also, if you have a Dell laptop there's often a place where you can put a SIM card, download the Mobile Broadband Manager software, I've found this very useful because it uses the whole laptop as an antenna rather that just the little dongle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I use 3 mobile broadband when im in town, don't have a problem with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Always best to just do wired broadband if you can manage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

wired broadband seems to be so much more expensive! i mite try 3,well once my months up with meteor. like meteor isnt the worst i can do browsing its just when it comes to youtube or stuff like that it jst play for a few sacs than stop be loading for a min or two and play for another few secs......really annoyin!:eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

talkin wrote: »
    wired broadband seems to be so much more expensive! i mite try 3,well once my months up with meteor. like meteor isnt the worst i can do browsing its just when it comes to youtube or stuff like that it jst play for a few sacs than stop be loading for a min or two and play for another few secs......really annoyin!:eek:
    Try them all before you make a decision, won't cost you anything in the long term

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

going just outside of ennis three is useless so went with eircom:mad:..three is so slow, but i only tried them out, they told me in 3g(gone now) that i could try it and cancel whenever, i did!

I really recommend you check out Imagine WiMax , they told me that they will be interducing it to ennis next month. there's no line rental so check it out. you can keep your same landline number and all, very cheap and convincing. this might be of use?

ripwave(irish broadband in a box!) i think are going to stop their services for ripwave in august or something and they have their services in ennis so dont go with them if you want broadband for a longer time!

Pop into the car phone warehouse a bit over accross from dunnes in ennis, i know they do mobile broadband for every carrier.

prob best try out all networks..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

I've been using 3 since Christmas, living near the Fire Station in town and it's been excellent, not a bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Mate of mine lives on Parnell Street and gets very bad speeds with 3, just depends where you are unfortunatley.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Clareman wrote: »
    As people are saying it depends where you are. Most of the mobile providers allow you a month's free trial, try them all out.

I've always had the suspicion that for the trial period they switch you to high priority and as soon as you go with them you're knocked to the bottom of the pile, so while you're getting great speeds during the first three months, all of a sudden it takes half an hour to load a page.
    It's all down to the beancounters, they want to vastly oversell the network, prevent any investment so the money can be used in marketing, cut down on engineers and outsource customer service to India. Whoops, I've just described 3 there.
    No broadband company is in the market of providing broadband, nowadays every company is purely in the business of making money and whatever excuse of a service they offer is merely a front to hoover your cash.
    So in the end it doesn't matter who you go with.

Advertisement